Balaclava for long haired troopers

I read a thread about this some days ago, but I can't find it now -------

I was wondering what type of balaclava long haired troopers use for trooping, keeping the hair hidden and the balaclava is easy to breathe with and doesn't causes lots of fogging

Thanks

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

My hair isn't long really. But I use a motorbike baraclava. It's lightweight and breathable. I do have another one thats more a cotton material and I find it a bit hot. The one I prefer is a sort of lycra type material, It's fairly stretchy.

I've got an Under Armor balaclava with an open face. For trooping I intend to ponytail my hair, pull on the balaclava (to keep my hair pulled back), and then put on my neckseal. The ponytail will get held against the back of my neck and upper back underneath the balaclava and neckseal and it may get warm, but after all the years that I've had long hair I doubt that it will be any warmer than usual.

*The above is speculation and intention on my part as I've never had the opportunity to troop in full armor yet.

I found my hair (in a pony tail) didn't stay under the neckseal, and fell out the back of the helmet some. So I put mine in a bun now. First troop I didn't use a balaclava or anything, and was driven crazy by stray hairs in my mouth I couldn't get out - so currently I just tie a bandanna over it, as I haven't invested in a balaclava yet. I haven't had any issues with it, so I don't think I'm gonna worry about changing.

I used to have dreadlocks, 5 years long, and it was a big pain to troop with them. I put them into 2 buns and then around my head, Princess Leia style. Then used a Buff bandana around it all. Kept in place and was able to troop with an FX helmet and even once in a TE2 too. Very tight but possible. So if it worked for me, it can work for most long hair types.

post-3106-0-34932900-1302622603_thumb.jpg

:D

Saludos

I have back length long hair, so I put all of it inside my shirt, then I add the bacalava with a lower face cover

then I add the neckseal. no ponytail. this way my helmet actually fits on my head and I can see.

the closed face baclava keeps the mic in my mouth. and keeps my chin from being seen.

add to that an elastic chinstrap and you're gold.

• 4 months later...