Latex drop boxes

I'm not a fan of the clunky noise the drop boxes make when you walk so was just thinking, would solid latex drop boxes be a good idea? Maybe Karin could chime in with some idea. I know it's not how it was done in the movie but maybe they could be for trooping.

Any thought's?

Edit: Sorry, not latex but the white latex like material that Karin uses for the hand plates.

Edited by matt black

Thanks for your input Karin. Put me down on the list for a pair if you do decide to try it. I'll be happy to only take half the profits for giving you the idea :laugh1:

I think its just the general plastic, hollowness of them. I did think of lining the back of them with white felt or the furry part of velcro but was just wondering if latex might work well.

but with something like these, would there still be a way to store things in them? i like the idea. sounds cool, but i usually store something in mine.

Some of you guys have the weirdest ideas/problems. :D

How distractring is that clanking on your suits, really? I never had such problems to speak of. :o

Maybe rather fill the boxes if the hollowness is what bothers you? They should always be made from the exact material like the armor itself, IMHO.

Keep latex/rubber to handplates. Drop boxes or shoulder bridges should remain plastic.

Thats what makes the world an interesting place. Different ideas and ways to go about things. I just thought it would be a good idea for trooping thats all. Now the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you may not be right for some :D

Also making them of rubber will make them heavy. Personally i dont mind the noise...and even without dropbox noise, your still going to be clanking around...you are wearing plastic armor! :lol: but to each his own i suppose. :)

mine are filled with ridged foam (blueboard insulation) and have closed backs, they really don't have that hollow sound and are very light

Nice idea, but I'm wondering how you'd attach them to your belt. Would you have a latex strap that could have velcro or something attached to it?

Just like the originals... a white strip of elastic glued to the back.

They would be solid, of course. I have the day off tomorrow. Let's see what I can come up with.

Just like the originals... a white strip of elastic glued to the back.

Just to be Mr. Smartypants: the originals had the elastic strips riveted, not glued. ;)

I guess you guys are right...what might be right for some sure isn't to everyones taste.

Next thing I'm looking forward to: the all-latex armor!

Just to be Mr. Smartypants: the originals had the elastic strips riveted, not glued. ;)

Well, Mr. Smartypants: The LFL archive pics and I have to disagree

Belt_01.jpg

I thought this was common knowledge: There were NO rivets at all used on ANH armor ;) (like kneeplate, torso, TD)

As for the all latex armor: I'm working on that :)