last post

Guest T*E

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats uncalled for. Jez has the best website around for helmet pictures and I love it very much. But all branchs of costuming have their own reference CD's. I own the Boba Fett CD which is great to use and nice to always have reference at your fingertips. There is also a Vader reference CD for people who are into that particular branch.

If Matt makes reference CD's available and charges people to own them, it would be no different than any other person in those other branches of costuming who do the same thing.

It would be a very good idea to do the CD thing in my opinion. Much easier than the webpage.

Matt this would be a generous contribution indeed.

Awe man I was just messin with TE. I love Jez site :)

Hey Matt, have you ever given anything away?

Yep, a few helmets here and there over the years to kids. The images I am contemplating on for the CD are ALL ANH stormtrooper images. There are over 150, closer to 200. The photos are taken at point blank range on most and I can tell you this, NO ONE will ever get the suits right without images like these.

So, again, contemplating...

T*E

just out of interest.

How much for one of these cd's?

Also to save on postage costs to the uk could it not be put on a pdf file?

Are the images from the lucasfilm archive plus pics of your suits?

Will there be pictures of the molds/plugs?

cheers

Yep, a few helmets here and there over the years to kids. The images I am contemplating on for the CD are ALL ANH stormtrooper images. There are over 150, closer to 200. The photos are taken at point blank range on most and I can tell you this, NO ONE will ever get the suits right without images like these.

T*E

I'm calling you on that Matt

It wont happen. You and I know that.

Its about power - always has been.

Cheers

Jez

T*E

ooooooooooooh slobber :P

What about doing the photos in a downloadable format like Adobe reader,One donation and you get the file sort of thing.Will save you alot of CD making time.

With the requests they are all good ideas. The CD/DVD is what I am leaning towards.

Thanks for telling me what I think jez, I appreciate it. :rolleyes: Sheesh... give it a rest. Telling me what I am and what i think? LOL.. you should be a psychic.. or psychotic.. whatever floats your boat.

I am looking into a DVD run and what it would cost. Dvd's hold more info. Just to give you all an idea of file size.. sitting down??/

9MB PER IMAGE

yes I said PER IMAGE

and there are a currently 5 cd's full of material.

T*E

i don't see how its legal or even ethical for you to make money selling lucas stuff. I could be off kilter here, but I just cant see myself paying someone else other than an authorized dealer for high quality images of this so-called caliber.

lazy people are basically paying you for images you ran around to find, make copies of and slap them on a disk. now im not going to argue that george doesnt have enough mnoney, but something doesnt sit right with me on buying SW material that i can find myself or thru lucas or even a book.

it doesn't justify me paying you 20 dollars A MONTH.

Matt has the pictures, people want the pictures. It will cost Matt a bit of time and money to make the CDs/DVDs.

He didnt "run around" to find them. They are of an exclusive nature.

High quality goodness, lots of cool reference for me, Matt makes some money. That's fine with me.

I'll be on the list if it happens. I understand the value of having Reference CD's with a collection of findable pictures. I will be very much happier to have a CD of ones I havent seen before.

Matt has the pictures, people want the pictures. It will cost Matt a bit of time and money to make the CDs/DVDs.

High quality goodness, lots of cool reference for me, Matt makes some money. That's fine with me.

I'll be on the list if it happens. I understand the value of having Reference CD's with a collection of findable pictures. I will be very much happier to have a CD of ones I havent seen before.

I'm in for a one :duim:B)

i don't see how its legal or even ethical for you to make money selling lucas stuff. I could be off kilter here, but I just cant see myself paying someone else other than an authorized dealer for high quality images of this so-called caliber.

lazy people are basically paying you for images you ran around to find, make copies of and slap them on a disk. now im not going to argue that george doesnt have enough mnoney, but something doesnt sit right with me on buying SW material that i can find myself or thru lucas or even a book.

Please don`t take this the wrong way as I don`t mean to be rude,But you really have no idea what these pics are.These pics are what trooper fans have dreamed of for years and definetly not something of the caliber LFL have ever released or ever will for that matter.Nothing in these pics have been seen before and were taken personally by Matt.I`m definetly in for one of these and trust me,if your a stormtrooper fan YOU want one as well.Don`t say I never told you so. :P

Ben

"He didnt "run around" to find them. They are of an exclusive nature."

So how did he gt them then? did they fall from the cyber sky into his lap? :lol:

why not just publish a book? My point (which seems to be missed) is why should i pay monthly, do pictures fall in his lap every month?

The books i have bought with all the "exclusive" material work just fine for me. pay once, and thats it.

kinda like MMO's (which i dont play) i like to pay once for my game and play it, not monthly.

"He didnt "run around" to find them. They are of an exclusive nature."

So how did he gt them then? did they fall from the cyber sky into his lap? :lol:

why not just publish a book? My point (which seems to be missed) is why should i pay monthly, do pictures fall in his lap every month?

The books i have bought with all the "exclusive" material work just fine for me. pay once, and thats it.

kinda like MMO's (which i dont play) i like to pay once for my game and play it, not monthly.

The website idea at first was cool, but maintenance wise it would be a nightmare. So it was nixed. A DVD is the best offer.

I will offer one pic in the next few days, when I can get some time and it is really none at all for me right now. The image will be small, and virtually unuseable to anyone, but it will offer a glimpse into what will be on the DVD's.

How about this: looking into doing an HD DVD! 1080P and 720P minimum... that sound cool?

And, you wont ever fin these images anywhere. I took these photos myself and well, the photo I am going to show will blow you all away.

T*E

How about this: looking into doing an HD DVD! 1080P and 720P minimum... that sound cool?

And, you wont ever fin these images anywhere. I took these photos myself and well, the photo I am going to show will blow you all away.

T*E

As long as your referring to the image quality and not planning on burning them on HD DVDs. The drives are still expensive.

But at least this way we'll have a stormtrooper reference CD/DVD to go along with the sandtrooper, Boba Fett, and Vader one :D .

As long as your referring to the image quality and not planning on burning them on HD DVDs. The drives are still expensive.

But at least this way we'll have a stormtrooper reference CD/DVD to go along with the sandtrooper, Boba Fett, and Vader one :D .

If you have an xbox 360, then you can view the images there with their HD drive. It is only $170 to add on to the 360. There is also a new HD player that came out last month and it is under $400.00 Not sure of the make, I only saw it quick and they were sold out.

I will look into both versions of standard and HD

Be prepared these wont be cheap like the ones offered else where.

T*E

Sorry - LOL. Unless you bought an MR, everyone here is already buying any authorized LFL stuff, as none of the sellers are LFL authorized. I'm not sure how Matt is exclusive in this, esp. when you're not ranting on how FX is raking it in, cranking out far more suits than all the other makers combined.

I think a disk with pics is a great idea, though HD format is pushing it; not everyone has HD players yet.

TK409 offers a disc of reference pics for ten bucks. Good deal for gathering pics and offering them in one place.

Matt, maybe you could post some in a small format to give us an idea of what you have to offer.

Sorry - LOL. Unless you bought an MR, everyone here is already buying any authorized LFL stuff, as none of the sellers are LFL authorized. I'm not sure how Matt is exclusive in this, esp. when you're not ranting on how FX is raking it in, cranking out far more suits than all the other makers combined.

actually, I *have* purchased an MR product (on its way) As far as F/X armor goes, i did but that kit but im not paying monthly to own it. I guess im standing at the fine line.

:)