My first ARMOR woot

• 4 weeks later...

as you can see it's just the first pre trim.

everything will be cut again, and then finally sanded.

this just shows the removal of the forming edges... lot's of work still to do!

. . . to prepare for fitting with duct tape for a detailed fitting

Where would you put the tape? I would be worried about the tape leaving sticky crap all over. My experience is that duct tape and plastic don't always get along. On the other hand, masking tape or painter's tape tends to leave less stickiness . . .

EDIT: altered wording.

Edited by darthyagi

I used duct and blue painter's tape for my test fits. It will leave a residue but Novus polish will take that off.

Great progress on the armor. Don't let Vern have all the fun. You must bleed for your armor as I have. Muahahaha! I'm kidding, be safe while building.

I used duct and blue painter's tape for my test fits. It will leave a residue but Novus polish will take that off.

Great progress on the armor. Don't let Vern have all the fun. You must bleed for your armor as I have. Muahahaha! I'm kidding, be safe while building.

Vern is having fun with his new power tools haha i get to play with all the hand sanding cant wait to put it on for the first time will keep u guys posted on the work

duct tape from the inside of the armor for test fitting.

I also use white duct tape under all the insides at each glue line.

inside tab butt joined parts wont leave any residue. you just don't slap it on there... it's detail work!

with a fast drying glue and just another few days of work ryan, tim and vern all had a hand in working this armor up.

we'll be using the shoulder bells attached to each other method, and the basic clamshell strapping.

I looks like ryan will need about 3" of sidegap shim. we completely detail sanded all parts to the overlap

trim. next work day is glue and clamp, and snap tab creation. should be wearable very very soon!

we're going to use the hidden 6/32 bolt and nut for the kneeplate and the thigh power cell.

the key tools today were the palm sander, and my bright and shiny new 1/2 inch belt swivel sander!

all the returns didn't even need cutting, just sanded them into shape... detailed build photos during clamping and fitting

tests will show the details in the trimout...