Bluey's TM 1.5mm ESB TK Build[*TM]

I just got my TM (troopermaster) armour today and am very excited about it.

I’m going to do an ESB build with this set of armour and had TM himself assemble the helmet to match the trooper standing outside of the torture room on Cloud City. He has a very specific “nick†in his right eye that I asked to be replicated… and was happy to see it done perfectly!

The armour is made from 1.5mm ABS and is incredibly flexible and strong. The coloring is really brilliant too. You’ll notice it looks a bit “off white†in the pictures. It’s not gleaming, brilliant white, but a wonderful shiny, perfect white.

Here are pics of the armour right out of the box.

The big brown box arrives! (even our cat is getting used to this.)

troopermaster_01.jpg

troopermaster_02.jpg

Helmet assembled.

troopermaster_03.jpg

troopermaster_04.jpg

Note the "ESB" detailing on the eye.

troopermaster_05.jpg

troopermaster_06.jpg

TM left, TE2 right

troopermaster_07.jpg

TM bucket ready for detailing!

troopermaster_13.jpg

troopermaster_15.jpg

Very helpful labeling.

troopermaster_16.jpg

The entire kit.

troopermaster_17.jpg

troopermaster_18.jpg

1.5mm ABS is incredibly flexible!

troopermaster_19.jpg

My first question: I got the "standard strapping system" but I want to make it look as screen accurate from the outside as possible... i.e., I want the side snaps and rivets to show where they're supposed to. So what other things do I need to get? Rivets... sizes... number... color... Snaps for the crotch to actually pop through? Etc., etc.

Of course I don't care if these things are even functional, I just want the LOOK of them on the outside. B)

Wow nice one Noel looking forward to this build mate bet your well excited :D its great to see Paul has made the bumps on the tear traps really acuratte now just loving his little tweaks . Are you going to be trooping in this Noel or as mainly a depaly ?

Edited by SW1

... its great to see Paul has made the bumps on the tear traps really acuratte now just loving his little tweaks .

I know! I love the little pills in the traps!

Amazing stuff. :duim:

Are you going to be trooping in this Noel or as mainly a depaly ?

That's tough... I love my sandy — duh — but this is some fabulous armor!

I think I'll probably troop dirty just as much. It will just be nice to have a "clean TK" for indoor events such as hospitals and such.

Lucky! :D

Haha... I'd say "blessed"... but same sentiment! :D haha

Seriously... I'm still pinching myself!

Especially because it got here faster than almost anything I've ever had shipped... I was stunned. Less than a week from Leeds, UK to Albuquerque, USA.

So sweet! Cant wait to help any way I can. I've got rivets and snaps, putty, that you hopefully won't need. I'm probably as pumped as you are! That's some beautiful armor!

Edited by amdarkness

Thanks everyone... I'm quite excited. B)

Cause of the strapping, take a look in this thread:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=12511&st=0&p=153122entry153122

Thanks man. But I don't want that strapping system... I want the one I got. I just want the correct rivets and snaps to show on the outside of the armor.

Check out this post by Rich on his build to see what I mean.

So... that's what I'm asking.

Looks simple enough... 3 rivets... 1 male snap; also the snaps put through the armor at the crotch.

I think I can do it... just want to get it right. ;)

Edited by Bluey

Okay guys... I got the decals put on, and polished the whole thing with novus (WOW is it shiny now!)

How do the tube stripes look?

I tried to put them on by referencing pictures, so I'm happy with them, but I wanted to ask. B)

Should be painting the frown and ears tonight or Saturday...

tm-esb-bucket1.jpg

tm-esb-bucket2.jpg

tm-esb-bucket3.jpg

Noel,

If you had told me you were going this route with your strapping I would have included every conceivable part with your standard strapping.

You want small 'S' spring snaps and brads or split rivets for the sides.

Sorry I didn't clarify... which I totally didn't.

I found some 3/8" split rivets for the sides... and a set of camping snaps (the same as what you sent on the strapping) for the side male snap and the crotch.

So I think I'm good. All the rest is "interior"... right?

What are the 'S' spring snaps for and brads for though?

(I research and think I know it all then something comes up and I realize I still don't.)

I'm really only worried about the exterior looking correct though... the interior should just work. B)

Here's what I got... does this look right?

If the word is, "spot on/perfect" then I'm happy... if it's even just "okay" then I'll send more money for different stuff from you Paul.

Rivets for side (to be painted white once in)

rivets-snap1.jpg

Snaps for right side top ab plate and crotch

rivets-snap2.jpg

Of course too I'm planning on just putting the rivets in the side and using the snaps/strapping I got with the kit for the actual connections.

But, I want this to be great, and if I have to wait a while to get it right it's worth the wait!

Edited by Bluey