Bluey's TM 1.5mm ESB TK Build[*TM]

No, I don't mind you saying; and thanks! I trooped in it today and have nothing pinching or that needs adjusting really at all... so I'm pretty pleased!

I left the ab buttons that way to look more like they did in the reference pics I'd seen from the film. None of them on the film looked all perfect and masked off like lots of what you see now a days. B)

Here ya go ObiHahn... this pic was before I trimmed the edges to fit better... but you can see the "hand painted" buttons better here. They actually follow the sizes and placement of the sculpted buttons. I could see on the last pictures I uploaded that they looked even more "painted" than I think they are; this pic hopefully helps.

(remember... this is before I trimmed the four button strip down more)

tm_fitting_5.jpg

Edit: hahaha... I just noticed that the above pic was before I DID clean up a couple of the buttons on tge 4 button strip... but still... :P

They were a little bit neater on the close up archive pics of the original suits I have, here's some of those:

5847745761_96ce641354_b.jpg

5848303468_77586e7f5e_b.jpg

5847746015_53a1e171e5_b.jpg

That's why I was bringing this up. Yours seem to have fuzzier outlines, but maybe I'm being picky.

To each his own, I guess. ;)

They were a little bit neater on the close up archive pics of the original suits I have, here's some of those:

[-images here-]

That's why I was bringing this up. Yours seem to have fuzzier outlines, but maybe I'm being picky.

To each his own, I guess. ;)

Sweet reference pics! Yes, I see now. I'll probably leave mine as it is for now. They're cleaner than the look in the pics I have on here; they "blur" for some reason... I'll try to post more soon for you so you can feel confident in talking about how awesome my armor is all day while you're out with friends — which I know you want to do. :D haha

Seriously though, I appreciate those pics and the tip!

Yes, to each his own, but I like being as good as I can be and we measure that "good" through the eyes of our peers as much as our own. B)

Hey Noel...

really great work on your TM ESB suit :duim:

Thanks man!

I'm really excited to finally have an ESB. Now I can do sandtrooper or shiny. Good stuff.

Okay... I know I'm obsessing over the ab buttons now... but here's a pic from today.

See, pretty similar. Very "hand painted" but not "fuzzy." B)

esb-ab-buttons.jpg

Ha, now I have you all obsessed. Mission completed! :D

:D It doesn't take much!

And hey... if I ever meet someone that says, "I'm done with my armor..." I'll wonder about them. haha

Well... with my 1mm TM ANH armor, I am pretty much done. ;)

All that's left is more natural waethering and wear from trooping. The rest I am completely happy with!

Well... with my 1mm TM ANH armor, I am pretty much done. ;)

All that's left is more natural waethering and wear from trooping. The rest I am completely happy with!

Yes... honestly my joke is going to have to be changed, because I'm completely happy with this set of armor too. It's the first one I've assembled and trooped in and not been thinking the whole time, "I can't wait to get home and fix ___________ to troop again!" It's because I took the time and did it right the first time! B)

Bluey's buttons (ha, how fun is his name in the context) looks to be "Midnight blue".

The blue on the original suits seems to have been somewhere between the Humbrol "Midnight" and "French" blues... somebody should try mixing those! ;)

It's in between. It is actually a mix between the humbrol midnight blue and some "blue" paint. They look darker in pics, lighter in person, and perfect to me in every regard. No more obsessing over those. :lol: