ab plate

There shouldn't be a gap. The bottom of the rear back should butt up against the top of the rear ab (screen accurate). Most armor's tend to hang over a bit so there is no gap.

Does that answer your question?

I actually found a white vinyl trash can at Wal-mart for $3. It works rather well, and only has a slight color variation of the ABS.

9pRogHB.jpg

mvDsdSl.jpg

The right side shows the color a little better, but as you can see, depending on the angle and distance, you cannot even tell.

Here is a pic with me on the right, and a really skinny TK on the left. He doesn't need the filler, and I do:

mWhgV2v.jpg

I used E6000 plus a couple of white rivets to hold it to the back plate, then used Velcro inside the ab plate. The industrial Velcro holds OK, so I added a few rivets and it works great.

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2020

Yep that's the bin. If you can find wide enough elastic, that could work. The question is how much space do you need to close up?

Yep that's the bin. If you can find wide enough elastic, that could work. The question is how much space do you need to close up?

What are you trying to say?? My "gap" is too big????

:lol: :lol:

think i'll roughly have the same size gap. Damm theres a lot of unfit (relaxed muscle) people in costumes.

yes i have a 12pack instead of the six pack that i had 10 years ago!!

i will proberly need a gap filler, mark ive seen something on ebay that may be of use.

i intend to mod and cut a ladies elastic corset.

I used some of the extra Abs strip that came with the armor, i glued it to the ab plate, and i use the belt to keep it in place works fine so far. My gap was 3 inches, if were wondering.

Armorers should produce this part with plenty of extra material for the beefier troopers.

Truer words have not been spoken! Not only could that area be for beefier bodies, I have two reasons not to have the armor smoosh right up against my body ;)

I have two pieces of canvas fabric in the gap now, but I like the idea of a cheep, garbage can- might give that a go.

Cheers!

I bought the kit listed on the site posted, matches perfect. I though wish i saved the money and got a trashcan. Thats a great idea!

The look is WAY better filled in. But goodbye bending over all together. (not that I could n the first place) :D

had a look on the ab plate webby (nice pop ups :angry: ) but couldn't find a price, so think that could be out the question i'll most probly see if i can grab some elastic of some sort or take a trip to the diy shop see if i can find a chhep bin , no wall mart's here yet

• 4 weeks later...

I'm working on the same issue right now. I'm leaning towards using the 2 spare strips of ABS that come with the FX kit as a second belt of sorts. I'm thinking about attaching (snaps) the strips to both sides of the inside ab plate just under-lapping the outer belt, wrapping it back around and velcroing/snapping in the back. The lower back/butt piece would then go over this inner belt, and the outer belt would then be fastened as normal.

Does anyone see any flaws in this method that I'm missing?