Figured i'd post my TC animated grunt armor

hey there guys, so i put my AP build on hold for this since i wanted my clone to be done for san diego comic con.

i know i didn't make a build thread but i was too consumed in building my KW armor in time for comic con. it was my first comic con and first time to wear this armor. i was afraid of stuff going wrong and nothing went wrong.

here are some pictures. let me know you guys think. i was approved for 501st with this armor the first day i was wearing it too. it was just perfect timing. (i was already a 501st TK). Oh and i'm the dirty grunt. the cleaner one is TC-3619.

4836099989_67e7d999e5_b.jpg

4836103441_60bdbe9f01_b.jpg

4836106095_cbaa1b4724_b.jpg

4836114687_f0d1f6dd52_b.jpg

With KW himself! it was really cool to see his armor in action. (let me know if you want this picture down kevin)

4836177877_ab38965ef6_b.jpg

finally myself with the bucket off.

4836151107_b6d955a7e8_b.jpg

Edited by vecspeed12

Very nice! It's great to see an animated grunt next to a TK to see an "evolution" of suits, and also how good the animated clones can look. :duim:

And yes, Kevin is super cool :pint1:

WOW! Nice animated grunt armor. Great battle weathering, not too much, just enough :duim:

Now, what would be super cool, is for somebody to post one pic with the CT's from EPII and EPIII through TK's EPIV,V,VI. That shows the evolution (side by side comparison) of the suits, kinda like what Hasbro did with the action figures. But with real suits and not toys.

87050.jpg

Bwnje2wCWkKGrHqFisEv1zvmeEBMJ3rSu0hQ_3.jpg

Sorry Joey for running into a different direction with your post, it just pop into my head.

Right on! Looking good guys icn___clap.gifgrinning-smiley-004.gif

You know, I've always considered myself an old school SW kinda guy. Although I must confess, a TC grunt might possibly be a winter build for me as the request & popularity here grows rapidly with the little ones. Besides that, they just look cool and it wouldn't hurt to have an extra one on hand with my local garrison.

The best to you on your future troops!

Edited by TK-6162

Great looking armor. You're one of the better Animated Clones I've seen. IMHO, most of the guys out there with Animated suits aren't built to look like the show's clones. It just doesn't look right.

"You got the look!"

I ordered an animated set too. Hopefully that'll be the one I wear to WonderCon next Spring.

wow nice suit, looks really good. I'm 6'3" would the Clone armour fit a fella my height?

of course it would! i'm 6'1 and theres still a lot of room to play with. i cut a lot of plastic to make it fit me so i'm sure it should fit you.

joey

Fantastic work mate, I just love the animated armour that's coming out now.

I'm sooooo tempted to do a cammo or grunt ARF trooper B)

cammo or grunt ARF's are cool in person too! i'd love to make another clone but it was a lot of work.

Right on! Looking good guys icn___clap.gifgrinning-smiley-004.gif

You know, I've always considered myself an old school SW kinda guy. Although I must confess, a TC grunt might possibly be a winter build for me as the request & popularity here grows rapidly with the little ones. Besides that, they just look cool and it wouldn't hurt to have an extra one on hand with my local garrison.

The best to you on your future troops!

you know. i felt exactly the same way. i love the originals but i realized i wanted a second set of armor that was white that was also in demand. i never liked the clones from the movies too much but when they had the animated series, i just had to build one. visibility is easier than a TK i think but i can live in my TK. mobility in clone armor was a bit hard. or maybe i just wasn't used to it yet.

Great looking armor. You're one of the better Animated Clones I've seen. IMHO, most of the guys out there with Animated suits aren't built to look like the show's clones. It just doesn't look right.

"You got the look!"

I ordered an animated set too. Hopefully that'll be the one I wear to WonderCon next Spring.

SWEET! we can troop together there. i can't wait to use the clone armor at another con. takes a bit getting used to.

"You got the look!"

also thanks!!! i tried to match it as best as i could. i weathered it more by the ankles and calves. also the inner thighs to make it more realistic with the shadowing seen in the cartoons.

WOW! Nice animated grunt armor. Great battle weathering, not too much, just enough :duim:

Now, what would be super cool, is for somebody to post one pic with the CT's from EPII and EPIII through TK's EPIV,V,VI. That shows the evolution (side by side comparison) of the suits, kinda like what Hasbro did with the action figures. But with real suits and not toys.

87050.jpg

Bwnje2wCWkKGrHqFisEv1zvmeEBMJ3rSu0hQ_3.jpg

Sorry Joey for running into a different direction with your post, it just pop into my head.

Love the armor Joey! You did a great job.

However, I'm noticing something wrong with this evolution package. I'm a simple imperial officer at the moment, but doesn't it say stormtrooper? I may be mistaken, isn't that TD armor???? :huh:

Edited by tigger68

with a pauldron and a BFG... and it looks sandy... could be a TD... sure!

nice job on the animated clone.

I'm headed to the clone commander suit... I see the future is not as clear...

Looks great! I almost decided to build an animated clone. The armor design is fantastic. I'll post comparison of my Ep3 Shock and ANH trooper when it's finished. :D

However, I'm noticing something wrong with this evolution package. I'm a simple imperial officer at the moment, but doesn't it say stormtrooper? I may be mistaken, isn't that TD armor???? :huh:

Yeah, that's a Sandtrooper. The armor is similar so to most people they're all Stormtroopers. That mindset of looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.