ANH Stunt Kit - The Quest Begins

I'm at the very beginning of the process of putting together my first suit: an ANH Stunt kit. The purpose of this thread is to put down my shopping list of what I think I need for a complete suit and tools (and let you pros fill in the blanks). I'll start another thread once my armor kit arrives for the actual build and link between the two.

Begun, this TK build has!

In this first post I'm going to list all of the parts that I think I need from my two weeks of reading this forum and the Florida Garrison forum. Please help me out by letting me know what I'm forgetting or things that I don't need. I'll keep this first post edited as suggestions come in. Items with a "+" have been purchased. I'm also listing the price (including sales tax and shipping where applicable) and where it was purchased to help aid others who need some help with planning in the future.

ANH Stunt Shopping List

[+] Armor Kit -- T/MC ANH TK kit -- $XXX.XX

[ ] Helmet Mic and Speakers

[ ] Helmet Fan

[+] Boots: TKBoots -- ----- $63.00

[+] Blaster: Hasbro Stormtrooper Blaster -- Target -- $21.29

[+] Blaster Mod Kit: Doopydoos Conversion Kit -- eBay -- $44.99

[+] T-Tracks: Drip Edge Vinyl Gutter -- Lowe's -- $4.29

[+] Under Armor: Champion top -- Target -- $15.97; Starter pants -- Walmart -- $10.65

[+] Gloves: Nomex black flight gloves -- -r -- $28.94

[+] Alternate Gloves: Karin rubber gloves plus hand guards glued on --- -- $43.20

[+] Holster: TK8280 (-) -- $31.50 (within the US)

[+] Neck Seal: Darman (FISD and Florida Garrison member) -- $28.00

[+] Canvas Belt: TKittell (-) -- $37.00

[+] Thigh Garter: MightyTank (-) -- $25.00

[+] Helmet Decals: TK-4510 (-) -- $25.00

Tools Shopping List

[+] Xacto Knife -- Lowe's -- $3.68

[+] Xacto Knife Blades -- Joann -- $2.65

[+] Curved Scissors -- Best Services Stores (Amazon) -- $12.48

[+] Plastics Glue: E6000 (2) -- Joann -- $7.16

[+] Rivet Gun (2) -- Home Depot -- $39.03

[+] 1/8" Rivets and Washers -- Home Depot (rivets) and Ace Hardware (washers) -- $13.15

[+] Rare Earth Magnets (20) -- - -- $33.37

[+] Metal Ruler -- Michaels -- $6.38

[+] Industrial Grade Velcro -- Michaels and Home Depot -- $19.57

[+] Various Elastics -- Michaels and Joann -- $17.05

[ ] Rubbermaid Container

[+] Sandpaper -- Lowe's -- $14.79

[+] Respirator Mask -- Lowe's -- $6.33

[+] Bondo -- Lowe's -- $11.14

[+] Spray Paint -- Walmart and Home Depot -- $47.93

[+] Heavy Duty Scissors -- Lowe's -- $11.06

[+] No Parking Sign (2) -- Lowe's -- $10.57

[+] Clamps -- Lowe's and Home Depot -- $16.82

[+] Snaps --- -- $39.97

[+] Heavy Duty Snap Pliers -- - -- $24.28

[+] Plastic Welder (7) -- Ace Hardware -- $35.03

[+] Brass Fasteners (1", 3/8" head) -- - -- $2.44

[+] Model Paints -- Colonial Photo and Hobby -- $10.09

[+] Krazy Glue -- Joann -- $2.54

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Rivets and Rivet Gun (If you are going for a more screen accurate look) You can get them at the hardware or hobby shop.

Naps/Jean Rivets (If you are going for a more screen accurate look) You can get them at the Cloth shop or Tandy Leater Factory.

Industrial Grade Velcro. You can get them at a cloth shop.

Industrial Elastic (in black) You can get them at a cloth shop.

A big Rubbermaid style tote. (to carry your armor in) Walmart, or Hardware store, etc.....

And a larger memory stick for your camera.... (so you can capture memories of your build and share them with us ;):D:P )

Oh yeah... A drill with new bits that are made for drilling into plastic, and, or a Dremel too! :duim:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The neck seal has arrived, courtesy of Darman, who also provides neck seals for TIE pilots, clones, and animated clones. Velcro in the back (zipper is also available). Apologies for the blurry pictures, and the gold t-shirt is of course mine and not part of the neck seal. ;)

5254919406_c3443afffb_b.jpg

5254919628_783e8df415_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice choice with the Nomex! I've got them and they're fantastic! But after trooping, i don't know why but looks like the black is dyed and the dye tends to spread in your hands and it's quite tough to get out. That's what I like to call battle scars! :D

Nomex gloves are good, comfortable, and practical trooping gloves. I currently use them when I troop ESB, and I used to use them for ANH.

For ANH screen-accuracy however, consider picking up a set of Sonnenschein's rubber gloves that have been pre-attached with a set of her latex handplates.

For ANH screen-accuracy however, consider picking up a set of Sonnenschein's rubber gloves that have been pre-attached with a set of her latex handplates.

Thanks, Brian! I'll look into getting a set of those right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks again for the recommendation, Brian. My Karin hand guards came in this afternoon and they look GREAT!

5368163429_debfa5e705_b.jpg

Karin's sales link is here. Please note that she's currently taking a short production break. Leave her a PM or message in that thread for future business.

Thanks Tim. Yeah, I have an order in for the armor and helmet, and like so many others I'm in line waiting for TK Boots to get their next run out the door. Just getting this first piece of white armor on - even though it's the smallest part of the suit - really made my day yesterday. I can't wait to get started on the rest of it.

This is a great thread... keep up the detailed photos and updates!

So often once we get "into" the build the camera ends up buried somewhere. :D

Really great stuff!

Micheal,

Looking great so far mate.

Just a couple of things missing from your list:

Band Aids

Bandages

Butterfly stitches

Ointment

If you are adding a return to your armour then you will need a modeling iron. In which case you'll need:

Burn cream

Cotton gloves

Only joking, well...................you never know....... :laugh1:

• 2 weeks later...

The boots have finally arrived! It was a long wait but well worth it. They're just slightly too large in the toe (I wear a 9 1/2 US shoe and TKBoots only does full sizes so I got a 10), but the ankle area keeps my foot from sliding forward and back. Plus it leaves room for thicker socks on colder troops.

5405714567_48282ca188_b.jpg

Hey Michael, congratz on getting your TKBoots. Not only using "thicker socks on colder troops" will take up space, but you can get ya some Dr. Scholls Gel inserts. Not only will the insert take up some room inside the boots, but for those long troops/standing on your feet, you will be very happy if you are "Gellin" :dancing-trooper:

scholls-insert.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, all! And especially for the Gellin' advice. I will definitely be looking into those.

About all that's left now is for my T/MC kit to arrive! I ordered in late DEC so there's probably still a bit of a wait ahead of me. I think this period is going to be the worst part.

I ordered in late DEC so there's probably still a bit of a wait ahead of me. I think this period is going to be the worst part.

Just take this time to do some prep work like make sure you have "Basic tools needed for armour building" , and look over the Tutorials to refresh yourself and/or get familiar on what you will be doing.

Make yourself a check list to work from.

Have an area to work in that you can do your build without being disturbed pullhair.gif so you can focus and have fun on your build. :dancing-trooper: