Armor Trivia

Daetrin

Umm, technically Greedo never shot in the original cut, so he didn't shoot first. He only got a shot off in the SE.

I know Greedo never fired a shot. He was involved in a one shot gunfight. They occure all the time in whitch the winning party always shoots first :D

Rule 1 in a potential gunslinger exchange... whip it out first, and shoot before your opponent does... therefore freeing him of the opportunity of shooting at all. Greedo was a scummy bounty hunter... he deserved to die.

Ā 

Han Solo did all of us a big favor... that galaxy is a better place because of him.

Ā 

I love you Han Solo! :lol:

Ā 

John

It was in the very first cut. I've had the chance to see a DVD made with the original mono soundtrack,very different in places. Next Q?

Like I said, I didn't remember it being in the original release of the movie :D so I was right :D

It was about as unnecessary an addition as having Greedo shoot first.

* holds hands over ears and says LALALALA a lot *

In the happy little world inside my head , that never happened ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I really don't know what to ask. I joined this site, like a few others, to gain some perspective on just what Imperial impression I wated to do.

Ā 

Ok, here's my little question. I don't know the answer, so it'll give me something to do over the weekend, but it should make for some intersting guesses and discussion.

Ā 

How many vehicles do you see Stormtroopers in or piloting/driving throughout the series?

Ā 

-Stixx

Ā 

They we'ren't driving but stormtroopers are seen in an ATAT in return of the jedi when they deliver Luke to Vader. May have been a bit broad but thought I'd add it.

Ā 

Sorry if this was already mentioned

They we'ren't driving but stormtroopers are seen in an ATAT in return of the jedi when they deliver Luke to Vader. May have been a bit broad but thought I'd add it.

Ā 

Sorry if this was already mentioned

Ā 

Well, the ATAT is an Atack transport...and Stormtroopers are shocktroops, so i am not surprised to see them in an ATAT...the prior discussion was about the drivers of each vehicle, and I have never seen Stormtroopers operating an actual vehicle ;):salute:

... and I have never seen Stormtroopers operating an actual vehicle ;):salute:

Hehe , there is a reason for that . Have you ever tried driving with your bucket on ? Can't see a damn thing ;)

Hehe , there is a reason for that . Have you ever tried driving with your bucket on ? Can't see a damn thing ;)

Yeah huh :lol:

I have a question that I'm certain that no one knows the answers to, including the other supposed trooper experts. ;)

Ā 

Why does the cap/back on the film used ANH/ESB helmets have the bumps and texture pattern in the same place, in the exact configuration on every helmet?

I have a question that I'm certain that no one knows the answers to, including the other supposed trooper experts. ;)

Ā 

Why does the cap/back on the film used ANH/ESB helmets have the bumps and texture pattern in the same place, in the exact configuration on every helmet?

Ā 

2 possibilities:

GL put them there so he would have a project later to clean them up for a future releases making billions :blink: .

Because the mold had them ;)

Well...I'm guessing that they decided not to spend the extra cash to make completely new suits for each movie, they used some of the same parts in both movies to keep costs down... :unsure:

I don't think you understood the question. The ESB helmets were just repainted ANH helmets.

ALL the helmets in ANH and ESB (minus the 6 hero helmets) had a very specific bump/texture pattern on the cap/back section that is found on every helmet in the exact same orientation and configuration. Yes the bumps/texture was part of the original mold. The question is why? I say you're not really a trooper expert unless you know the answer. :D

I don't think you understood the question. The ESB helmets were just repainted ANH helmets.

ALL the helmets in ANH and ESB (minus the 6 hero helmets) had a very specific bump/texture pattern on the cap/back section that is found on every helmet in the exact same orientation and configuration. Yes the bumps/texture was part of the original mold. The question is why? I say you're not really a trooper expert unless you know the answer. :D

Well, I guess I'm not that much of a trooper expert :unsure: ...I'd rather spend money on alcohol than armor :D:lol: ...Seth, Chazz, Matt "TE", Troopmaster Paul, and or any of the other actual experts that I haven't Mentioned on this forum, would you like to answer this mind boggling question? :unsure:

I'd reckon AA didn't really care about making it perfect, as they were "background" helmets. And such a little thind wouldn't really matter under all the glossy paint. Other then that, perhaps it was there to help with the application of the paint? Give it something to stick too, saves sanding all 50 HDPE's

Ā 

Anyway thats my opinion.. do you know Gino?

Chris, you are right about no one caring about the texture with them being background helmets.

Yes I know why it's there. ;)

Doesn't have anything to do with the sticking of the paint.

None of those other guys you mentioned will know the anwser.

The bumps are there to help stop the PE from deforming when cooling and keep it's shape once formed. PE takes longer to cool than most plastics and and moves when it cools so I reckon the bumps were put there purposely to help the PE grip the mould.

Ā 

The face plate is a much more complex shape and the plastic locks down naturally and didn't need any crap on it like the smooth shape of the dome.

Ā 

That's my theory anyway :D

Enough Gino - if you have the answer then spill it, else it looks like your trying to bait someone into a fight. No RPF'ing here.