Armor Trivia

Daetrin

Well, the texture looks like the result of someone sculpting in clay by hand. The bumps; could they be sand grains or other such material which stuck in the clay before the mold was made?

Ā 

No one is ambitious enough to think that a few grains of sand will matter and go ahead to vacuforming?

Ā 

Is it anything like that Gino?

Was it a claymoth that got stuck on the mould?

Ā 

The moths that live on clay?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

If you're so smart do you mind telling me what the backpacks used on the TKs in the falcon/death star tractor beam sequence looks like?

He has a right to lord over this information a bit because, as he says, no one else knows.

Ā 

But we would like to know eventually Gino...

Ā 

So here's another guess.

Ā 

Is it possible that the actual sculpt of the cap/back was smooth and the material SDS used already had that texture?

Ā 

A test helmet was pulled in that material and all subsequent helmets descended from that?

So the Stunt helmets; intended as background helmets were pulled in the flexible HDPE and when the hero helmets came around and they went back to the real moulds, the ABS smooth cap/back wouldn't have this texture because the original mould didn't?

Ā 

Anything close to that? Am I even in the ballpark?

Good guess and well thought out, but not in the ballpark.

Ā 

Well I guess you have found some sort of meager self gratification about knowing something everyone else doesn't...but, does it really matter though Gino? :lol: so, could you do us a favor,and answer your own question already and keep this thread moving? :mellow:

Was it a claymoth that got stuck on the mould?

Ā 

The moths that live on clay?

If you're so smart do you mind telling me what the backpacks used on the TKs in the falcon/death star tractor beam sequence looks like?

Ā 

Ā 

Great question John! :duim:

He has a right to lord over this information a bit because, as he says, no one else knows.

Ā 

He doesn't have the right to waste our time, this is not his forum it is all of our forum, especially those of us who support this forum...

He doesn't have the right to waste our time, this is not his forum it is all of our forum, especially those of us who support this forum...

Ā 

He isn't the only one who knows. I know as well and have not had the time nor the energy to post nor do I really care. It is armor trivia not original mold trivia. I also find it really two faced as he and his buddy like to trash me on another board saying I horde info and I should share ousting me and claiming I am being an an impolite person. Well, look who's doing it now, and also your Vader info about the mesh in the vader belt boxes.

Ā 

So I guess being able to pick and choose your info to release and calling someone else an information horde is gino's way of having double standards.

Ā 

Stop wasting people time and stop trying to bait. Your attitude and attempts to pick a fight are not welcome.

Stop wasting people time and stop trying to bait. Your attitude and attempts to pick a fight are not welcome.

Ā 

Thank you.... Matt! :duim::salute:

Sooo, do either of you feel like sharing? Or is this to be just another frustrating unanswered question.

Ā 

Matt I for one am intrested. It is problably just a stupid little thing that doesn't matter but I have always kinda wondered why the crappy bumps.

Ā 

I have an armor triva question to get us back in gear but I dont want to ask it until this question has been answered.

My intention was not to start a fight. I truly wanted to guage other "experts" knowledge to see if anyone else knew as well.

Matt does not know, and even if he did (which I'm sure he doesn't) I don't believe he would share it here anyway. Kind of the pot calling the kettle black eh?

Ā 

Prove me wrong. Either be a fellow "hoarder" (hypocrite), or answer the question...if you can.

Waiting.... ...... .......

Ā 

This whole thing was meant to be fun spirited anyway. Now certain people are getting touchy as their so called expert knowledge is showing it's not as expert as they'd like people to believe.

Ā 

For those interested in this topic, keep going. Those who are bored with it, quit complaining and look at some other thread. No one is forcing you. A lot of other people are interested to see just what "experts" know...or don't know.

Sooo, do either of you feel like sharing? Or is this to be just another frustrating unanswered question.

Ā 

Matt I for one am intrested. It is problably just a stupid little thing that doesn't matter but I have always kinda wondered why the crappy bumps.

Ā 

I have an armor triva question to get us back in gear but I dont want to ask it until this question has been answered.

Ā 

I will say this for right now. His comment that ALL stunt helmets have this bump is totally false. He has never held a real helmet and he has never molded one. EVER. I did not start this game with the question. It is his responsibility to give the answer if no one gets it to prove what he considers to be the ultimate answer.

Ā 

He is only here to create problems and bait people. He is not bringing anything new to the pot or is he willing to assist in anything. So again, the choice is really his.

This bickering is pointless. When someone who has the answer cares to share they can PM me. This thread is now closed until there is something worthwhile contributing.

• 2 weeks later...