Armor Trivia

Daetrin

Yes, my question was from our modern world, (I should have specified that sorry) and so many of us know who George modeled the Empire off of... :(

I believe that the answer you seek is the Nazi Party of the late 1930s and 1940s. Much of the costuming and even some of the film shots can be interpreted as a reflection of this "Empire" in our history.

Personal side note: While this part of our history is tragic and sad, there is no excuse for not teaching it or "sugar-coating" what really happened. If we do not have knowledge and respect for every part of our history, we are doomed to repeat histories "mistakes".

(Steps down off of soap box)

-Stixx

Yeah, i was told that there was "8" at one time

go figure

Eh? Tsk tsk - shouldn't ask a question you don't know the answer to. How else will we know if the person had the right answer?

TKEAZ1603 - you had the right of the last question. You're turn to ask.

Eh? Tsk tsk - shouldn't ask a question you don't know the answer to. How else will we know if the person had the right answer?

TKEAZ1603 - you had the right of the last question. You're turn to ask.

AH, but aren't questions asked to seek the truth? Questions are given with the expectations of an answer, and with every answer found, ussually brings up another question... plus the question wasn't my own in the first place...it was from my girl friend...so if I knew the answer I wouldn't have asked all of you...but i guess I know better now

Bernard

I believe that the answer you seek is the Nazi Party of the late 1930s and 1940s. Much of the costuming and even some of the film shots can be interpreted as a reflection of this "Empire" in our history.

Personal side note: While this part of our history is tragic and sad, there is no excuse for not teaching it or "sugar-coating" what really happened. If we do not have knowledge and respect for every part of our history, we are doomed to repeat histories "mistakes".

(Steps down off of soap box)

-Stixx

YES!!!, you are right about the Galactic Empire being modeled after the nazi's...the Storm troopers, got their name from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd SS divisions which spearheaded into Poland and western Europe early in the war...these three SS divisions were known as Hitler's Stormtoopers

I really don't know what to ask. I joined this site, like a few others, to gain some perspective on just what Imperial impression I wated to do.

Ok, here's my little question. I don't know the answer, so it'll give me something to do over the weekend, but it should make for some intersting guesses and discussion.

How many vehicles do you see Stormtroopers in or piloting/driving throughout the series?

-Stixx

Actual Stormtroopers? I think the answer is 0. If you count Sandtroopers in the same group with Stormtroopers, I think the answer would be 1 if you count dewbacks. All the other vehicles had their own specialized pilots/drivers with their own specialized gear. At least that's how I recall it.

Yeah, I believe your right Butah...every vehicle seemed to have its designated operator.

Ok, just myabe a brain melt here, but what about the two pod flyers around Bespin? I don't know if I saw the wrong person piloting those, but I thought that Troopers were pictured inside them?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

And let's broaden beyond regular troops, let's list all vehicles withtheir Imperial "driver".

They were part of Bespin security. There has never been a stormtrooper piloting or driving any vehicle in the OT. Sandys on dewbacks were as close as it ever came.

• 2 months later...
How many people all together played Anakin/Darth Vader? this includes voice actors and anyone that put on the suit.

Hey I just found this thread :D

1: Jake Lloyd

2: Hayden Christensen

3: Joss Gower (stunt double Ep II)

4: Daniel Stevens (stunt double Ep II)

5. Ben Cooke (stunt double Ep III)

6. David Prowse

7. James Earl Jones

8. Bob Anderson (stunt double Ep V & VI)

9. Mat Lucas (voice of Anakin for Clne Wars)

And who knows how many voice actors there have been for all the video games.

You forgot Sebastian Shaw who was the unmasked Vader/Anakin at the end of ROTJ.

Now don't I feel like an idiot. :6: I guess I missed one of the obviouse ones coming up with the obscure.

Dancers edited out of my previous post due to my error.

• 2 months later...

Agreed, I and all my friends assumed blast doors were an automatic security system. At least I have the memories of Han shooting Greedo first and Sebastian Shaw appearing at the end of ROTJ.

In what edition of Star Wars did a stormtrooper first say "Close the blast doors!"

I have the OT on DVD copied from laserdisc before Uncle George started fiddling. I'll have to check.

I thought they said, open the blast doors anyway? LOL

Can you believe it takes a whole page of comments?

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Final answer? B)

So, what is it? I personally don't remember close the blast doors being said in the original release of the movie :unsure: