Change of Leadership

Daetrin

Due to a new, more challenging job with a vastly longer commute, I'm not confidant I can execute my duties as FISD detachment leader to the extent necessary for the post, and don't see a reprieve in my job situation anytime soon.

That being the case I've decided to step down as FISD DL and the current XO, Ed DaSilva will be taking my place. The "effective" date of the change over will be 30JUN, but it should be OK to consider Ed as the DL de facto until then.

It's been a true blessing from starting out wondering if I'd even get enough signatures on the detachment application to where we are now. You guys have made it all worth the while - many thanks. It's been an honor and a privilege to serve you.

No problems dude. Real life needs to come first, sir!

Good luck in your new role and don't take any rubbish from your new boss.

May I suggest, first day in your new job, walk in and smack the new boss with a fire extinguisher. Then tell him to sit down and listen as you tell him how things are going to be from now on. you should be fine after that ;)

Paul,

Thanks for kick-starting this effort and getting us to where we are. We couldn't have done it without ya!

And best wishes in the new job! I have had two jobs in the past with a 45 min commute, so I realize how much bite that takes out of your day.

I hope you get SOME time to pop in every now and then!

Paul,

And thank you for fathering FISD, its been my pleasure to serve as your XO.

501st members, please visit the 501st section as we follow the legion charter for DL replacement.

It's been a true blessing from starting out wondering if I'd even get enough signatures on the detachment application to where we are now. You guys have made it all worth the while - many thanks. It's been an honor and a privilege to serve you.

Thanks for all your work , Paul . You've done a kick-a very impolite person job :) Good luck with the new job !

Dave .

You've done a great job, Paul. As the founding detachment leader, you'll always have a special place here! It's been a pleasure in serving as your S@A and I competely respect your decision. I have the utmost confidence in Ed and his abilities to run FISD.

Thanks for all you have done Paul. I'm a newer guy, but I have to say this place is great. I spend a lot of time here, and you should be very proud of what you have done.

Ed welcome to your new role man.

Sorry to hear that Paul. But like everyone has said you nhave done a incredible job. until now the FISD is and has been your baby. You have been our coach. Thx for your diligence and pacients ( with my multiple pm and e-mails) The Age of Daetrin is at its end, enter the Age of Ed.

Once again thx and quoting Chazz you will always be our "First DL"

Congrats Ed, hope that we will be able to help you in this process to make the FISD grow in members and in comaradship. and mantian the FISD as the best Detachment. :peace:

:salute::pint1:

Hard to quote so many great comments here, so I will simply say "ditto".

Can't think of a place where I have learned so much, felt so welcome, and be able to interact with people who care about their art and their work. All this is a testament to the Leader.

Paul, thanks for all your help to me personally. :duim:

Ed, now you have to deal with me, so sorry man. At least I can say we have met in person!! :lol:

:trooper:

• 1 month later...

its a shame to see you have to step down but, life happens, and I am sure that Ed will not give any less that what he has shown as the XO :salute: