HOWTO: Sound System

Thank you for the links.

OK, I am reasonably certain that I could use a romFX in place of my amp. But I can't guarantee and warantee the amp once I put it in Bommar. I would also have to charge the 200 for Bommar and add the price of the romFX on top. That makes it one spendy kit.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that people spend $1000 on a Vader helmet, it may not be out of line. $500 on a top shelf TE2 or TM bucket, $300 for a RomFx, $200 for a Bommar. Yeah, $1000 for a lid is super expensive, but it should would blow away anything else out there.

Heck, if Altmanns and SDS can sell Fleet Trooper Helmets for $800, it seems a steal ;-)

Next question:

Does romFX riquire a powered mic?

I will try to find out about the mic for the RomFX and let you know later.

The homepage states the following about the Mic:

"... a unidirectional microphone (a 12" lead with the mic on one end and a 3.5mm jack plug on the other)..."

Concerning the speaker, you can use any speaker with a 3.5mm Jack plug. It does not need to go in the chest necessarily.

I will use mine with Stompers Hovi Mic Aerator-speakers.

I just ordered my RomFX and it should be here by next week.

So for me personally, the best solution would be your Bommar (with fans, speakers and so on) in which I can add the RomFX I already have.

By the way, the RomFX runs on 12V with 2 battery holders with 4x 1.5V AA batteries per holder (connected over a 9V PP3 Battery-connector).

Cheers,

Alex

It would be great if you posted pics here.

At the price of the romFX it should come in its own package:/

Once I got it, I will definitely post closeup pics of all the included parts.

Just let me know, what kind of pics you will need for adjusting your Bommar to the RomFX.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, But only on my end. Testing is done, my moulds are done and parts have been ordered. I am also awaiting a shipment of plastic.

Hey dude, what about if we just want the molded parts?

Would you do that, I already have all black wires and fans and romfx and the rest?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people might be interested in this too :)

Hey dude, what about if we just want the molded parts?

Would you do that, I already have all black wires and fans and romfx and the rest?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people might be interested in this too :)

While I can see the attraction for this on your end, it's a bad biz model for Wyatt on his.

While I can see the attraction for this on your end, it's a bad biz model for Wyatt on his.

Sadly that is the case at this time:(

However, I do intend on making the parts available. I have long respect for those who want to build their own, and I understand that building a vac table and ordering plastic is a tall order for a sound system. I need to get my hands on a rom fx so I can build a mould for it. I don't even know how the rom gets wired. Also, it takes different batteries than my system, so I would have to come up with new battery boxes or a cover for the boxes it comes with. A whole different project:/

Sadly that is the case at this time:(

However, I do intend on making the parts available. I have long respect for those who want to build their own, and I understand that building a vac table and ordering plastic is a tall order for a sound system. I need to get my hands on a rom fx so I can build a mould for it. I don't even know how the rom gets wired. Also, it takes different batteries than my system, so I would have to come up with new battery boxes or a cover for the boxes it comes with. A whole different project:/

Oh, I didn't realize that this was some kind of business model in the long run or anything.

In any case, let us know if you ever produce the pieces for us to build around them!

That would definitely be my way to go and your parts would add a nice touch to my current setting (urr eventual setting).

• 4 weeks later...

I think the ideal setup would be one of Tk4205's custom interior's with a hyperdyne / ROM FX board for static burst / click, and aerator speakers... for a fully self -container helmet solution... just like it was intended in the Star Wars universe.

I love the look of this kit and I've ordered a set of Stomper's Hovi-Mix speaker aerators... if someone can shoe me hoe to integrate a sound FX board into all this, then I'll be a happy camper :) (PS - I'm a complete technophobe when it comes to electronics! D'OH!)

Cheers,

John

• 2 months later...