The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

Should we get a "sellers to avoid" list going on par with this vetted sellers list? In my short time here I have seen a number of threads of people asking about armour from various places.  With some showing up all the time ie) Originalstormtrooper, Jedi robe etc

edit:

I know that there is the ebay section, but maybe a new thread in this "getting started" sub-forum.

Will this one do?

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19329-where-what-and-whom-to-avoid-when-buying/

• Like 1

Well dang ,  I got nothing :laugh1: Now that I see that, I remember reading that thread. Although my brain is pretty scrambled with how many threads I've scanned in the past while lol.

Edited by Jinsei
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I need help, I am 5'8" ,Asian, weighing 75kg<br><br>

Choosing btw an ap armor or rs<br>

I think with conversion of the currency,both comes close.however I realised that rs is close to a centurion.rs has all in the package.ap has too, but I think a little short of some stuff(I think)<br><br>

Now, what's more important to me is if ap or rs armor suits me well.meaning without it being too loose at chest ,abdomen,posterior or Kidney armor.<br><br>

Pls help guys

I am 5'8, athletic build, and 155-160lbs. Based on what I am reading I am thinking of going with RS. Is that what you guys would recommend?

RS, TM, AP, ATA, whatever you like. They are mostly the same size. RS and TM are the most accurate ANH/ESB versions. CFO and TM have very accurate ROTJ kits too.

I am 5'8, athletic build, and 155-160lbs. Based on what I am reading I am thinking of going with RS. Is that what you guys would recommend?

Depends too if you are wanting a completed set or are going to build the kit yourself.

I saw a guy in the local 501st who had RS build him a completed set and its looks fantastic on him. Skinny guy little bit taller. He actually got them to do it as a shadow trooper. He said they probably won't do black again because it was a nightmare getting the paint right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I have had my ANH TK from AP and love it, Mark Harrison is terrible with contacting you and follow through. My left shoulder strap snapped in half and being held by glue and duct tape. Ive contacted him several times; where he said I would be taken care of in afew weeks. This was FIVE MONTHS AGO. So be advised, if you need replacement parts from AP, don't expect anything anytime soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Also keep in mind he was retooling all his molds over the last 4 months. So I wouldn't take these delays as normal.

Yeah I think he mentioned that yesterday. I'm really thinking I might go with them for my ready to wear armor. He said the whole process should be around 10 weeks because there's 9 ahead of me to be custom made.

Hi everyone, Im looking to start with a TFA trooper armor,

any suggestion where to start or go to?

this fora post onlt leaves me more confused,

i would like a real www if possible

:-)

If you're looking for a real www or something akin to an actual full scale company. Then your best, and maybe only, bet is to get on the Anovos.com mailing list and wait until they release theirs. It's going to be probably $1,800 to 2,500 without boots or blaster. Your other option is to look for a private maker who has been vetted or has great reputation.

• Like 1

Any suggestions for someone like myself who is 5'6 205lbs thick arms and legs with a little bit of a belly. I wear a 34/36 in jeans. I've been looking into the kits/ builds listed here but in not sure where I fit in range wise I've seen shorter members but most of them were skinny lol

Hey Rick,

I'd recommend AM2 armor for anyone a little thicker around the middle.  Given your height, you will have to trim some (ok, probably a lot) from the tops and bottoms of various armor plates, but AM has plenty of extra material around the outside to cover you up without having to shim.  His contact info is in the first post in this thread.

Good luck!

AM or AP (with the new upgrade) will be your best bet if you don't want to shim. You're an inch taller than me and I had to buy AM thighs because I couldn't fit in my MTK ones without shimming. I had to trim them a lot to fit. But remember, it's easier to take away than to add. Whatever way you choose, make sure you do a lot of research. Measure 3, 4, or 5 times and cut once :)

Seeing how this original topic was posted in 2010 is most of this info still true? I'm looking at starting my 1st TK build but still confused about all the different types. I'm a bigger guy 5'11" and 250lbs and I wear a size 38/40 pants (39 really as 38 is tight and 40 is loose). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Seeing how this original topic was posted in 2010 is most of this info still true? I'm looking at starting my 1st TK build but still confused about all the different types. I'm a bigger guy 5'11" and 250lbs and I wear a size 38/40 pants (39 really as 38 is tight and 40 is loose). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Yep. We maintain and update this list still :)

-Eric

• Like 1