NEWSLETTER: FISD 2010 - What's Happening

Daetrin

Hello everyone,

if you haven't heard the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment administration team has been re-elected and is already working to make 2010 another great year for stormtroopers.

The command staff includes:

Detachment Leader - Paul Hoeffer

Executive Officer- Terrell Reber

Provost Marshall - Brian Robinson

Membership Liaison - Bill Haggis

Webmaster - Aaron Fimister

Armor Chief - Mark Gage

Merchandising Team - Wyatt Stephens and Dave Mondo

I'm also creating the position of Communications Officer (equivalent of a Public Relations Officer) to take on the creation of newsletters and helping keep people informed of all the goings on in the detachment.

Some of the projects that will be released in the new few weeks include:

New T-shirt run : Finally! The vote was long ago and it's getting off the ground after some delay in squaring away the artwork. Look for an interest thread in the new few days.

Site Upgrades : we've moved to the latest version of Invision and are still tweaking the skin to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of ESB. This should wrap up in the next week.

FISD Academy : This is our new content site that will include everything *but* the forums. You can view a sneak peak of the home page by following this link (http://www.whitearmor.net/Home.png). The finishing touches are being put in to place as we track down the last of the images we want to use and make final updates to ensure the CRL/EIB are up to date. Look for this to launch in March :)

And after that? Well, the web team will take a much needed break but time stops for no trooper. Expect to see more merch ongoing such as trading cards and other goodies to separate you from your pay chit, and moving forward with a monthly newsletter.

There's always something new in the world of trooping: whether it's new information on an old costume (like a new way of doing shins) or an entirely new one (like how to paint a Stormtrooper Commander), we're excited to have you on board for the journey.

With unquestioned loyalty,

Paul

"Daetrin"

TK-8020

This post has been promoted to an article

Looks to be an exciting year ahead.

The site upgrades look great. I been in and out over the last few days and seem like it changes every time I visit for the better.

Great job to all the staff and everyone who's put in the hard work.

I'm excited for the great year ahead and can't wait for one of those t-shirts.

Digging the skin man. ESB! Whoo Hoo!

Man... Leading the way Paul. I think its a good year all around for the Legion ahead.. and the FISD is on the Forefront. Great job!

Digging the skin man. ESB! Whoo Hoo!

Man... Leading the way Paul. I think its a good year all around for the Legion ahead.. and the FISD is on the Forefront. Great job!

All the credit goes to Aaron (Synaptyx). It's his design, his artwork, and his giving up sleep that gives us this beautiful new skin.

Three cheers for Aaron!

:salute: :salute: :salute:

Brilliant look!! 2010/30th Anniversary of ESB!! This is going to be an impressive, most impressive year for the FISD :dancing-trooper:

Big shout out for Aaron, the designer and artist of the 2010 FISD skin! happy-smiley-638.gif sport-smiley-7864.gif :salute:sport-smiley-7864.gif :salute:happy-smiley-638.gif

O_O Whoa!!!!!!

Man this is becomeing a habit, i take a hiatus and come back and every things is new and different!!!!!!!!! Awesome Guys!!!! very cool!!!!!!

*standing ovation!!!!!