How big can a forum be?

Daetrin

There was some banter between me and SuperTrooper about how much FISD has grown, with him pointing out that FISD is probably one of the largest forums in the Legion aside from the main Legion boards when we count members and number of topics/posts.

However I think we should put this in to some context - and I'll admit I don't frequent non-501st SW forums like TDH or RPF as much as I should. For instance, check out this Avatar forum (I love Avatar intensely).

www.Avatar-Forums.com

Threads: 3,137

Members: 3,677

Most users ever online was 2,038

Currently Active Users: 582 (151 members and 431 guests)

They are getting about 2000 posts PER DAY.

Try keeping up with that :)

You know, I have been meaning to post something on this...good topic Paul. I belong (of course) to my local garrison, 501stsithlords, the RPF and several other boards. NONE (except RPF which covers many, many topics) has the activity that this board has. Avatar...flash in the pan. Lets see how many post that board is getting 30 years after the release of the film (2039??? ugh!).

This board has the best, most articulate and helpful members of any group to which I belong. Though, reading some of the earlier posts, there used to be quite a few fireworks around here (fun reads too!), those have for the most part gone away. The only time I see anyone doing something that I would call "disrespectful", it is generally someone brand new to the board and they don't stick around long. Even when a WIP looks like absolute hell, the members try gently to guide the person on the right track.

My bucket is off to everyone! :smiley-sw013: I'm pretty damn proud to be part of this TK brotherhood (and sisters too!) :icon_bow:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

Wow, I'd love a Sully costume, but I'm just not tall, or blue enough. :(;) On the longevity front. I'd be a little more skeptical and see how many posts it's getting in a year assuming a sequel didn't happen - which of course, it will. :lol: Good on them for doing it though. :salute:

Wow, I'd love a Sully costume, but I'm just not tall, or blue enough. :(;) On the longevity front. I'd be a little more skeptical and see how many posts it's getting in a year assuming a sequel didn't happen - which of course, it will. :lol: Good on them for doing it though. :salute:

Sully? From Monster's Inc.?

RPF= Replica Prop Forum (All thing...if it has a prop, someone is recreating it)

TDH= The Dented Helmet (all things Fett)

I believe that with the "Troopers Helping Troopers" motto that our family here will only continue to grow. I've been made to feel very welcome here, as others have. I don't think that is the exception to the rule but rather the standard.

This is a great place to share information, help each other out, and simply relax and hang out with friends. I don't see a bad side to that. As I said, we're only going to continue to grow. I'm looking forward to seeing how much we've grown in another 10 years.

Rick

Wow, I'd love a Sully costume, but I'm just not tall, or blue enough. :(;)

<_< .......emmmmmm, I don't know mate,....I think you could....jusssst about....pull it off B)

SullyAT-AT.jpg

:D

I think it is because the great FISD staff!!!

A friendly relaxed enviornment, where new people feel encouraged to participate!!!

And one more thing that makes this forum GREAT.... WHITE ARMOR RULES!!!!!!!!

Even ignoring sites like RPF or TDH, look at how FISD compares to the other Detachments. FISD is HUGE and it really is thanks to the staff here. You have all worked tirelessly to create a great environment and community.

Troopers helping Troopers!

I didn't really get how huge FISD actually is until I read a few comments around other forums over the past year. They were not complimentary. Jealous is how it came across in fact. :lol:

Vic, Billy - They're both tall, they're both blue, they're both called Sully. I can see where the confusion lies. :lol:

MV5BMjA5MTA2NjkxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTM2MzMwMw@@._V1._SX600_SY337_.jpg33635-bigthumbnail.jpg

I think it is because the great FISD staff!!!

A friendly relaxed enviornment, where new people feel encouraged to participate!!!

And one more thing that makes this forum GREAT!

I agree, CT.net has declined so much this year that at any givin time you may see 2 members online or if your lucky on the weekends 10 members topps.

I have said the same thing, this fourm is friendly and has a relaxing feel to it.

The staff, this is were I belive the heart of the fourm comes from, with there participation. I see new topics, friendly advice no slaming of members or even the twisted words that try and make members feel unwanted. Take this one for example:

(I SO FEEL FOR THIS ONE!!!) This was for me after posting, Whitearmor barred from trooping. Hey it was LaborDay!

Don't you no your not suppose to ware White after LaborDay. Its a joke some members thought it was funny this one didn't.

This reply from a Admin was the first and last responce from him. Elections soon to start and will be the last of his reign.

To have a fourm that helps others you must be present and mindful of your words having a "click" where only the mods and Amin chat to each other and not really stand behind your members, I feel was the down fall of CT.net.

I may get a PM for this or not but the numbers of active members tell the story.

For a fourm Admin to post "Thank you for a wonderful year" and only get 4 mabe 5 replys also compliments my point.

This is not a car show, there is no need to be Jealous or my armor is better than yours, its all about the fan passion for the Starwars movies and our bond with each other. We take it to the ultimate level, we live our movies.

Success is what I have found in this fourm, this is the way it should be Fun and Relaxing.

CT9926

Aw shucks folks! It's purely accidental, you know! ;) The staff here are not any different to the members and want from this place the same as most everybody here: A place to learn something about your chosen costume from the reference material and other very knowledgeable participators. To have a safe and fun place to hang out online. To build on the camaraderie and friendships that serve the whole Legion.

Thank you all for making this the best damned forum we frequent, thank you all for making this home. :salute: