ObiHahn's DLT-19

Here's my weathered DoopyDoos MG34/DLT-19 in direct sunlight.

I was going for a well-used worn gunmetal/Bakelite look, since that looks more realistic than just plain black as it was before.

pa210022.jpg

pa210023.jpg

pa210024.jpg

pa210025.jpg

pa210026.jpg

The only thing that would make it better is if you had a rack of them at home like was in the gantry scene, and you can then lend them out as needed to troopers... :smiley-sw013:

Hey Dennis,

Man no matter which angle I look at your BFG, it looks the business...

I will have to weather mine for sure too...

If you are ever over here in the UK for a troop, I know a few other guys who also have DLT-19s and we will definetly 'rack em and stack em'...

Mine is still the plain black... hehe, also i've decided not to drill the vent holes, incase I have to use it as a 'club' :D...

I'll update my thread as and when...

cheers buddy....

On another note, I will need to ask permission from the UKG GML if I can weather mine like yours as there might be a few concerns about having a brown stock... I'll post back when I know...

Thanks a lot guys!

I wouldn't mind a couple more of these babies on a rack as a display peace. ;)

If any of you guys come to Germany - bring your BFGs and we'll make a stack photo. :)

What might be the problem with a brown stock?? Too realistic?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been busy.

Since the DoopyDoos DLT-19 does not come with a rear sight on the barrel (due to the 2-part design with a screw-on attachment point), I built one myself from scratch. Definitely not 100% accurate, but it does the job.

Here's a couple pics:

4072455563_892659f38c_b.jpg

4073219916_0ee9165650_b.jpg

4072464443_300a226d53_b.jpg

It's attached via 6 small but very strong Neodym magnets, 3 on the gun, 3 on the rear sight:

4073228028_027096806d_b.jpg

That way, I can always take the sight off and still de-assemble it.

Gorgeous! I'd love to pose with that! :D

You can pose with my gun any time, Julie.

I'll give you a holler when I fly or swim over to Hawaii. ;)

And thanks, troops!

@Shiv: yeah, it's on there. That eagle is very hard to photograph, and is has some tiny, tiny writing underneath. Something like "WOA-08"...and next to the eagle it says "dqc.", is that on yours too?

One last thing had to be added, now I think I'm done with the gun. :D

The left hand side of the receiver was missing one more detail above the box, so I made that out of sheet HIPS:

Top: my BFG without the detail in question

Middle: reference pic of braksbuddy's excellent gun

Bottom: my BFG with added detail

4077625654_3e1bdbf1e8_b.jpg

That's how it looks now:

4077625198_159c7311ce_b.jpg

Hallo Dennis das ist wunderschon... :)

It's looking good..... I've finished the weathering on mine, but i'm now thinking of whether to paint the stock or not?

I'll post pics of the WIP soon...

Grusse

shiv

Hallo Dennis das ist wunderschon... :)

It's looking good..... I've finished the weathering on mine, but i'm now thinking of whether to paint the stock or not?

I'll post pics of the WIP soon...

Grusse

shiv

Yeah Shiv, nice German! ;) Dankeschön!

You mean paint the stock black (as in leave it black) or paint it brown? I'm looking forward to your WIP pics!

Yeah Shiv, nice German! ;) Dankeschön!

You mean paint the stock black (as in leave it black) or paint it brown? I'm looking forward to your WIP pics!

Danke.... I did work in Munich for a year, so I learned some German, drank lot's of HBH beer and spent lots of evenings in beer gardens... :D

Regarding the stock, I was thinking about painting it brown... but may just leave it black as is.... The black paint I have on it at the moment is different from the black/grey resin though, so there is a contrast already....however, it may be difficult to see it in photos.

Oh, by the way, did I tell you, I have found a German eagle emblem symbol on the tripod... I've painted it metallic silver and then wiped off the excess paint so that the paint has seeped into it... Hopefully it will show on the photos...

BTW, I love your signiture.... looks awesome.... permission to steal it too :)

Looks freaking cool.

How did you drill out the pipe, as far as i know its made out of resin and would crack by it.

http://www.doopydoos.co.uk/

Once again, mad nice! weapon you got there.

Congrats :)

Thanks man, I've seen some of your gear and it's top notch, so coming from you that really means something.

The barrel came drilled out already on the DoopyDoos that I got. I believe older models were solid, but this one is hollow. We think that Shiv's weapon might be an older DoopyDoos blaster.

Still mine is very, very sturdy. They seemed to have upped their ante with the BFGs. Great detail, it was a blast weathering it and bring out all the dents and dings and the tiny writing and stuff.

Thanks man, I've seen some of your gear and it's top notch, so coming from you that really means something.

The barrel came drilled out already on the DoopyDoos that I got. I believe older models were solid, but this one is hollow. We think that Shiv's weapon might be an older DoopyDoos blaster.

Still mine is very, very sturdy. They seemed to have upped their ante with the BFGs. Great detail, it was a blast weathering it and bring out all the dents and dings and the tiny writing and stuff.

Thanks for your kind words Dennis.

Love your DLT-19 from Doopy Doo´s, i might have to get one of these sweet baby´s my self.

There new version, are freaking cool.

Your paint job work on it are A+ too.

A few questions:

1. Its made out of resin right.

2. Is it strong for trooping, or do we have to take extra care, so it don´t brake/crack while trooping etc.

3. Is it heavy, or light/nice for trooping.

Cheers bro, and congrats whit your new beauty :)

A few questions:

1. Its made out of resin right.

2. Is it strong for trooping, or do we have to take extra care, so it don´t brake/crack while trooping etc.

3. Is it heavy, or light/nice for trooping.

Hey Rolf,

1. it sure is resin, as far as I can tell. That's what DoopyDoos say and that's what it feels like. It came spraypainted in dull black, but I sanded it down a little before I applied my own paint and there was some yellow primer showing and then some white-ish resin.

2. it seems strong enough, yes. I'm not too afraid that it will break under normal handling. I've taken it apart multiple times now and it still feels strong and solid.

3. it's heavy enough to kinda feel like it is a weapon, but it's not "12kg original MG34" heavy, that much I can tell. I never weighed it, but my guess is it is in the 5-6-7 kg range...my guess is it will still make your arms sore after a long hard day of trooping... ;)

I'm very happy with it, especially after modding it for more accuracy.

Hey Rolf,

1. it sure is resin, as far as I can tell. That's what DoopyDoos say and that's what it feels like. It came spraypainted in dull black, but I sanded it down a little before I applied my own paint and there was some yellow primer showing and then some white-ish resin.

2. it seems strong enough, yes. I'm not too afraid that it will break under normal handling. I've taken it apart multiple times now and it still feels strong and solid.

3. it's heavy enough to kinda feel like it is a weapon, but it's not "12kg original MG34" heavy, that much I can tell. I never weighed it, but my guess is it is in the 5-6-7 kg range...my guess is it will still make your arms sore after a long hard day of trooping... ;)

I'm very happy with it, especially after modding it for more accuracy.

Thanks for your reply Dennis.

I might get one as well, even i have the sci-fire one.

I love the holes in the pipe on your version, make it look very real.

Heres my sci-fire one:

P4014677.jpg

P4014672.jpg

P4014671.jpg

Cheers :)

Hi Guys,

I'll put some close up shots of mine up tomorrow, weather permitting that is....

My paintwork has an almost metalic dark grey finish to it.. it's very smooth almost as if it's lacquered.... :)

The stock is very black, perhaps to resemble bakelite.... and contrasts with the rest of the gun....

It feels very solid and I will try and drill one of the holes out to see if I can or not.... fingers crossed