My Sterling E11 conversion finished pics

Mark

Looks as though the blaster was plucked straight out of the film..... :rolleyes:, grat pics, will serve as super reference photos.....

BTW, what's the weight of this baby now?

p.s. Can I ask of 2 more shots, a top down and a bottom up...

cheers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark

Looks as though the blaster was plucked straight out of the film..... :rolleyes:, grat pics, will serve as super reference photos.....

BTW, what's the weight of this baby now?

p.s. Can I ask of 2 more shots, a top down and a bottom up...

cheers

It weighs in at 3.9 kgs and I'll try and get some more shots done today......

I told you it would look stunning outside.

Try a more neutral colored background so it doesn't detrack from the

blaster details.

Thanks!

I'll take some more with a neutral background if I get some spare time.....

I thought I would take some pictures outside in natural light after the counter,T track and cylinders are weathered.....

IMG_0870.jpg

Mark

She's a real beautie mate B)

Nicely done , exceptional work , I doff my cap to you Sir :salute:

:)

Awesome work. That's going to be fun to troop with!

Unfortunatley, in the UK from a legal point of view we are not allowed to troop with deacs and the UKG certainly does not allow this practice.... this was the reason why I had to scrap my real sterling build.... :( sob, sob....

That looks awesome. i think it would look cooler with an all black finish. but then again i like shiny things

I have to disagree with that, I see to many shiny repainted Sterling conversions and I have to say living with it for a while I'm glad I didn't go the shiny new look. I personally love the screen used look of it.

But hey it's all down to personal taste and if you like shiny make yours shiny ;)

There no wrong or right when it comes down to personalization, That's what make us all individuals. :P

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Brilliant Job Mark! Great detail, I love that you did not strip down the M38 and the Sterling and repaint them (keep it accurate to the originals) . Battle weathering is superior as well :duim:

Thanks mare. I love the been kicking around for 30 odd years look. :lol:

That's what I am doing with my real Sterling. Like you, I am leaving it with that kicked around 30 odd years look as well :D

Also, if it was pristine, I would feel like banging my head against something if it got a little ding or scatch to it.. :6: That's what I love about the concept that Lucas had about the SW Universe (the lived in / used look) ;)

I'm right behind you boss!

and it's all thanks to andy 19422.!

the king of sterlings... he has a very large collection indeed.

Thanks Vern :D I'm currently working on a very special custom blaster using one of my Sterlings. I'm sure some people will have some strong views about it :lol: Also making a special display case for it, so stay tuned ;)

very nice! i didn't strip mine, but i did paint it. that left the texture underneath and gave it a feel of something that's seen some battles but has been maintained / cleaned up often.

i ultimately decided that i couldn't deal with the differences in color between all the different pieces. the counter, scope and gun didn't look like all one part on mine.

• 9 months later...