Tube Stripe colors are confusing

I know that people here who do runs of tube stripe decals offer a ton of different colors and shades to use. There's dark blue, light blue, grey, black etc. I'm just wondering if these are all based on the colors used throughout the different movies or if these variations have come about as this hobby has progressed.

They all variations as the hobby has gone on. Stormtroopers wear blue and only blue tube stripes. :duim:

Agreed!!

Nothing p*$$** me off more than seeing some lazy SOB in a TK with black tube stripes and black ab buttons.

Agreed!!

Nothing p*$$** me off more than seeing some lazy SOB in a TK with black tube stripes and black ab buttons.

Calm down dude, some people don't know better as that is what comes standard with the FX kit.

When I started off, I wore black tube stripes and black buttons, until I found out the truth on FISD. B)

Some are also just happy as is.

Calm down dude, some people don't know better as that is what comes standard with the FX kit.

When I started off, I wore black tube stripes and black buttons, until I found out the truth on FISD. B)

This is very true, and I agree.

BTW, I think the newer runs of FX are coming with blue. I know I went through about 5 different colors before I got one that was as close to screen accurate as possible.

I think there is a large majority of TK's out there (myself being one) that joined not knowing the were supposed to be blue.

And to make matters worse, it looks odd to have 10 TK's in FX gear and all black tube stripes and ab buttons, and one screen accurate kit. Many who don't know the SW universe like we do look at the screen accurate K and ask "what's his deal?"

Happened to me at CIV.

Comes down to education and a desire to change. If someone wants to be accurate, they will change after education. If someone wants to troop and does not care about accuracy, they won't change. Doesn't make them any less a trooper, and we should be careful not to alienate those who are fine with the black after it is explained those are not accurate.

Yeah ok . So I worded it a bit strongly :blush:

However.

Should those clearing troopers for the respective Garrisons/outposts etc not be saying

" Hold up. Any chance you could sort these 2 things please" ?

I mean. If a trooper has gone to all the effort of shelling out for all that kit, the time to build it and has a desire to join then are they really going to complain about shelling out $10 to sort them out if asked nicley?

To quote the CRL: " Blue tube stripes, matching what was used on screen - navy blue and black are not acceptable."

"Ab plate. The ab plate also has a button area that matches the color pattern shown (3 blue + 6 gray). Buttons are approximately 7/16" in diameter"

And yes, before its said, I know not everyone is 501st. And this obviously does not apply to existing member, although considering its ease of implication maybe it should. ;)

Should those clearing troopers for the respective Garrisons/outposts etc not be saying

" Hold up. Any chance you could sort these 2 things please" ?

I mean. If a trooper has gone to all the effort of shelling out for all that kit, the time to build it and has a desire to join then are they really going to complain about shelling out $10 to sort them out if asked nicley?

To quote the CRL: " Blue tube stripes, matching what was used on screen - navy blue and black are not acceptable."

"Ab plate. The ab plate also has a button area that matches the color pattern shown (3 blue + 6 gray). Buttons are approximately 7/16" in diameter"

And yes, before its said, I know not everyone is 501st. And this obviously does not apply to existing member, although considering its ease of implication maybe it should. ;)

Something I've heard among Garrison members talking "we spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on a costume, but everyone complains when you ask them to spend $20"

Something I've heard among Garrison members talking "we spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on a costume, but everyone complains when you ask them to spend $20"

Yep. Sadly thats all to often the situation.

I just recently went through this with a new recruit, and I can tell you Mike the GML for the Bloodfin Garrison is awesome. A new member submitted his kit, and the GML asked him to fix the stripes, and asked for a "lighter blue". To me, lighter blue is a royal blue or something like that, so I just send an email to the GML reviewing the app and asked what he was looking for. He quoted the FSID CRL, and we were all set.

This shows as a legion we are getting better, and that things like the CRL ARE helping. Also, when the GML's are using that as a standard, there is really not much wiggle room.

Scott

When I first joined, I never actually looked at the CRL, I was just told to just buy FX armor and come to an armor party to put it together. I don't think the FISD existed back then, nor did I have access to 501st forums.

Which is where the Garrisons need to be more aware and use the Dets as a resource for new members. If a local member is not an armor aficionado, he should point the members to the detachments for help and and specific questions. I know that is how it "SHOULD" work!!!

It is certainly getting much better.

I'd like to add hot-pink stripes to my bucket.

Rules are meant to be broken ;)

I use a lot of pink and muted blue in my art portfolio.

Those pink stripes mean I'd never be able to join my Garrison in most charity events, but life is too short and I just want to be happy. I wish I could use my armor to help others but the rules are in place for a reason, I suppose.

Are the stripes removable?

like can you reattach them like those window stickers?

or do they use adhesive like regular decals, the kind that are pretty permanent once attached?

Most decals have some kind of adhesive. What you mean are vinyls that keep in place by means of static.

But even if they make those static stripes, it wouldn't be useful, as it's not one only piece, but a lot of small pieces that make the decal, and removing the stripes would be a pain.

You can have more than one helmet with different color stripes if you will. ;)

Most decals have some kind of adhesive. What you mean are vinyls that keep in place by means of static.

But even if they make those static stripes, it wouldn't be useful, as it's not one only piece, but a lot of small pieces that make the decal, and removing the stripes would be a pain.

You can have more than one helmet with different color stripes if you will. ;)

ah I see. Yes I meant the static electricity vinyl stickers like the ones you stick on your car window, yes.

I thought it was a single strip with the stripes painted on. doh! my mistake :P

These are more like decals on a model car apparently then.

I think I may invest in a second helmet once I get the first one pimped out with everything but the kitchen faucet :D

Since I'm sure there are few troopers in need of pink stripes I might have to make them myself.

Blaze said:
Since I'm sure there are few troopers in need of pink stripes I might have to make them myself.

Not at all!

I'm pretty sure Scott can help you. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Blaze said:
ah I see. Yes I meant the static electricity vinyl stickers like the ones you stick on your car window, yes.

I thought it was a single strip with the stripes painted on. doh! my mistake :P

These are more like decals on a model car apparently then.

I think I may invest in a second helmet once I get the first one pimped out with everything but the kitchen faucet :D

Actually the vinyl I use had adhesive and is essentially a "sticker", but they are cut out of a single color, and have a more accurate appearance since the original ones were most likely painted on. The ones I do also come off easily as well and can be replaced.

Here is something I did in 2007 (and should be doing again this year)

87OrWxc.jpg

1lUnerw.jpg

(Yes i know it is an FX bucket, but the 2009 model will not be)

The stripes are purple and silver, and I just removed my blue stripes for the Playoffs, and then replaced them after ( I actually sold this bucket, but a current one will be sporting the same look in 2009).

Pink is an option, I just don't have that color yet. Easy to get, and I could use it for other things if you were serious.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Actually the vinyl I use had adhesive and is essentially a "sticker", but they are cut out of a single color, and have a more accurate appearance since the original ones were most likely painted on. The ones I do also come off easily as well and can be replaced.

Pink is an option, I just don't have that color yet. Easy to get, and I could use it for other things if you were serious.

So it's like a sticker in that you peel it off and throw it away and replace it with a brand new one whenever you want to "change your colors"?

I have a friend who does vinyl car wraps I was hoping she would hook me up with something cheap and similar, but since that's a long shot I'll PM you once I get my bucket :P You seem to have everything down to a science over there :D