ROTJ HELMET ABS(HERO)

• 2 months later...

I'm still waiting on my mic tips as well, hopefully they will ship out soon. Can't wait to see it when its totally done!

I'm still waiting on my mic tips as well, hopefully they will ship out soon. Can't wait to see it when its totally done!

I hope we start to get them this week, It has been a long wait and I'm looking forward o get done with this helmet.

Thanks Daetrin, I'm glad you liked it. Almost there...

Cheers

Cheers

A

Brilliant Work Armando!!!!!! :smiley-sw013:

Thanks Tom, I appreciate your kind words :salute: . Still not quite happy, weathering pass is coming this weekend and hopefully the mics next week. Them chin straps needs poppers and finally hard liner. It is a long project because ROTJ trooper are not as common as ANH or ESB.

Cheers

A

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome work Armando...funds sent via PayPal :P

I agree with you and think you should slightly weather it to give it that 'Worn' look!!

Can't wait to see it finished!! :duim:

Thanks man, it means a lot coming from you ;) . weather is coming next, I just have been thinking the best way to do this.

these are my latest pics with the machined tips.

This looks awesome!

Thanks you Sir :duim: , I'm glad you liked it

Cheers

A

ROTJ1_inprogress_02.jpg

ROTJ1_inprogress_01.jpg

Any chance you can tell me what color grey you used on the ears? Is it Humbrol #5 Dark Admiral Grey? Also the black outlining. Is that Matte black or gloss/satin?

Im on this stage of finishing off my TE as well :) I hope it turns out as nice as yours!

:rolleyes: Thanks guys to all of you. It is coming along nicely I think but still far away of what I have in mind. I know, I'm super slow :rolleyes: I hope the wait will be worthy...

Cheers

A

Those looks great on the helmet. I need to get mine installed on mine. DO you have a tutorial of how you made the plug?

Thanks my friend :duim: , yes those machined tips are really nice. Let me take pics of my machined tips and I will add a quick tutorial by the weekend. Hang in there.

Any chance you can tell me what color grey you used on the ears? Is it Humbrol #5 Dark Admiral Grey? Also the black outlining. Is that Matte black or gloss/satin?

Im on this stage of finishing off my TE as well :) I hope it turns out as nice as yours!

Zsavk, the gray color I'm using it is Humbrol #5,the black color in the helmet is the same for the ears cups as well. I hope this helps.

Looks really sweet A.

I say weather it, the originals had glue streaks all over them and were pretty crappy!

Joe

Thanks Joe, It is getting closer. Weathering will be a great plus I think. I would like to add different color tones. I'm not sure yet. I'm currently studing some pics to do that.

Finally finished! Awesome work ;)

Hey Verne,it is not ready yet, I still need to add the weathering, hard liner and poppers for the chin straps. I'm studing to add new decals as well. I'm glad you like it.

• 1 year later...

All your helmet builds are an inspiration Armando and this is no acception :P

I am really looking forward to seeing some comparisons of the the TE and JoeR jedi lids....

Thanks Mark

Not wanting to sound arrogant but mine are much closer to what you see on screen and a lot more accurate IMO! :D

Awesome work as always A, can't wait to see your JoeR build up.

Joe

All your helmet builds are an inspiration Armando and this is no acception :P

I am really looking forward to seeing some comparisons of the the TE and JoeR jedi lids....

Thanks Mark, I appreciate your kind words ;) Unfortunately that comparison will not be possible at least on my side since I have recently sold this helmet :( . Still I will have a new thread for the upcoming JoeR ROTJ helmet :)

Thanks Mark

Not wanting to sound arrogant but mine are much closer to what you see on screen and a lot more accurate IMO! :D

Awesome work as always A, can't wait to see your JoeR build up.

Joe

As I mention to Mark I will have a new thread for your helmet buddy. Thanks Joe :)

sick! wow.

Thank you :duim:

I NEVER get tired of seeing pics of your helmet builds! You attention to detail is amazing!

Thank you Chris! very kind of you. Good luck with your new builb ;)

Cheers

A