ROTJ TE 2009

Have a look under the chin/mictip areas.. no cap is pushed n/warped like that. Its a ROTJ feature. Its the same on the first TE ROTJ, as it should be, because its from the FIRST TE ROTJ.

I own one of the ealier models, and its no spring chicken. It is quite apparent the new one comes from it. The same problems have carried over to the new version. The only difference is; is that the new face has been sharpened. Which IMO makes it look more correct, to how it actually was (save for the chin/vocoder which now looks too sharp).

Anyway, the orginal TE ROTJ helmet had its moulding issues all the same, and they have come through on this one aswell.

And as for the back cap, its from a TE ROT aswell. Same strange profile shape as the old version... sit it next to a cap/or TE ANH and its completely different in its curvature.

Thats about the most basic way of saying... ITS NOT FROM A CAP.

Although I'm sure there will be those that will believe him regardless

It looks nothing like either of my sets of Jedi moulds. The traps are significantly smaller on this helmet, were talking cm's. I agree that cap is hardly reliable as a source of information. Unlikely either party can prove their position without going back in time.

Edit:

I am not interested in dissing anyone, especially TE. My point is that my moulds of the background helmet are different to my newer moulds from the unfinished helmet, and these are totally different from the new TE ROTJ helmet. I am interested in how many moulds were used for the Jedi helmets.

What would make more sense is whoever moulded Matt's Jedi helmet, created a huge amount of shrinkage when copying it, which would account for the difference in the traps.

I would like to see Gino's Jedi moulds too, but this is doubtful!

It looks nothing like either of my sets of Jedi moulds. The traps are significantly smaller on this helmet, were talking cm's. I agree that cap is hardly reliable as a source of information. Unlikely either party can prove their position without going back in time.

Edit:

I am not interested in dissing anyone, especially TE. My point is that my moulds of the background helmet are different to my newer moulds from the unfinished helmet, and these are totally different from the new TE ROTJ helmet. I am interested in how many moulds were used for the Jedi helmets.

What would make more sense is whoever moulded Matt's Jedi helmet, created a huge amount of shrinkage when copying it, which would account for the difference in the traps.

I would like to see Gino's Jedi moulds too, but this is doubtful!

I think Gino's Jedi molds came from TE, so they would be the same unless he's reworked them.

Keith.

I do have two of the new TE ROTJ helmets and I would love to have one of the old ones produced ten years ago to compare. Yes, the molds have been reworked to be sharper in detail, Matt never denied that. One of my helmets is way sharper(hero) than the other(background) and can be see in the pics I posted in this forum. Sorry to disagree Paul but at least in mines(ABS version) one thing is certain, the assembly is spot on.

Also the details that Fon pointed out under the area of the mics makes sense 100%, I noticed about that in many of the pics that Mike(TK-4510) posted in this forum.

Cheers

A

Sorry to disagree Paul but at least in mines(ABS version) one thing is certain, the assembly is spot on.

Not compared to an on screen ROTJ it isn't, it's way off.

The actual assembly may good, it's the positioning of the face that's off on these TE's but, I doubt that can be rectified given the shape of helmet.

These new TE helmets are simply recasts of his old ROTJ helmets he made ten years ago. They both share all the same discrepancies though these new ones have been sharpened up more. They are all assembled badly too IMO.

ST01.jpg

Definately not CAP originated.

Now here I can attest to workmanship. I purchased two helmets from Matt and they were both crap. They were thrown together at the last minute and I had to actually tear one apart and completely rework it to even get it close to looking good. And I'm nowhere near done. I can show photos of his "workmanship" If you want to see.

Now here I can attest to workmanship. I purchased two helmets from Matt and they were both crap. They were thrown together at the last minute and I had to actually tear one apart and completely rework it to even get it close to looking good. And I'm nowhere near done. I can show photos of his "workmanship" If you want to see.

I'm sorry to hear that..., I'm very happy with mines to be honest. It will be great if we can see pics of your helmets. I have not seen pictures in depth of all the TE ROTJ helmets in this forum but so far I did not hear complainings regarding the assembling.

Cheers

A

I had no problems with my TE ROTJ suit, It is a quality suit. I am sorry you are not happy. I was impressed with my ROTJ helmet and my ANH stunt. I hope you are able to resolve your concerns.

What - no more comments on the build? That's what this thread is about - all others please use the exit door (e.g. new Matt thread) if you want to discuss issues regarding the maker.

I wonder if the helmet's been modified or added to since we last heard of it. Any more armor pieces around or is it still just the helmet?