FISD Achievement Awards

Daetrin

It used to be that one way of marking someone's contribution to a forum was their post count, but the reality of forums is that post count does not really correlate at all. That said, I wanted a way to recognize outstanding service to the detachment. Something like the Army Achievement Medal.

450px-Achievement.jpg

So I'm creating the FISD Service Medal award program to recognize outstanding achievement or meritorious service. Anyone can nominate someone for this award, though it can only be awarded by the Detachment Leader. Medals will also be awarded to FISD staff for completion of a successful year at their post.

My goal is to not make this so rare as to be unachievable, but rare enough that it has value. My goal initially is to try to average one a month - think of it like the Trooper of the Month program the Legion has, but in this case the recipient gets a kudo in their profile information.

The FISD official service award looks like this:

CAzrC9y.png

With the ribbon like this:

c60EYHG.png

Award Levels

FISD Service Award (1st Award)

LAXjfex.png

FISD Service Award (2nd Award)

eLIPDmO.png

FISD Service Award (5th Award)

1lDnqGh.png

FISD Service Award (6th Award)

X3kBd0H.png

• Like 1

Do we post here???

For starters

Every one that has been in the command staff.... every one before and now have been fundamental in the growth, direction and maturity of theses boards..... just to name a few Scott he was the first EIB officer and was not only helpful, kind and honest with his critics and suggestions..... I bet that if he ever had to fire someone, that person would leave happy and after he got fired.

Carlos..... he was the forums Morale/indoctrination officer at the start, he ran a no nonsense boat in this area said it as he saw it, he had a neck for defusing a potential situation in a couple sec flat.

Man, there are so many.......... i will come back and post some more, Scott and Carlos were the first 2 that pop in my head from the early yrs.....

Good luck Paul with the election of the First FISD Service Medal, that is one job that will be grueling an brutal... I don’t envy u Paul.... it will be a very hard job ahead of u........

I'm going to add that staff members are ineligible to receive them. I'll agree that former staff should be recognized, but I'd like to stop there. Being a staff member - the reward is what you give, not what you get.

Also, I'm going to create a sticky to contain the citations. I think this should be public information as to why these are awarded. This board is about transparency after all.

Great idea!

Could the medals awarded be listed or displayed below (or above) the usual listing of name, rank, and number of posts?

I don't know if your accepting names yet, but I'd nominate Smitty.

#1 Yes

#2 What would be the specific achievement? For instance, creating the killer X tutorial or helping out a trooper in need above and beyond.

Chazz (Gundamzeppelin): do the role he played in the beggin with armor building and armor accessories he made available to the forum, and his willingness to share all he had to teach.

Commander Dragas: his willingness to get involved with troopers by helping them out and making it personal. At least from our part Dragas is one of the troopers that made it possible for OutPost Bolivia to even apply for OutPost Status. We are here thanks to him and troopers like him.

Mike Harrison: ….. lets face it many strive to try to armor and prop build like him ,were few get close. I think he is some one that has been involved with many areas of SW costuming that reaches far past one detachment, but many.

Stomper: were would many of use be with out his props…… Stompy is more then this props but he has helped mostly every trooper here ( Standard Tk as well as EIB)

T and TM….. no need to explain.

John Danter he has been like a archive droid, being able to find thous rare behind the scene pics and info on more than one occasion, he has been responsible for many thing we take as givens in the FISD now.

Vpier No need to explain there ( granted there the small fact that he is not with armor) but that should be resolved very shortly.

Man there are so many……. post later must rest…….

I disagree that Staff members should not be allowed to be voted for. There are several staff members that have gone above and beyond.

I vote that staff are elligble.

Also, I nominate, Smitty, TK 2126 MD, and Stomper. And more to come!

Specifics? Certainly.

Smitty's E11 project raised the bar for fan-made blasters. The operational folding stock really kicked the ball up the field. Of the series of blasters he created, he offered to donate a blaster to FISD.

Smitty's lenses filled a need of troopers. I am aware of several times when he has donated lenses.

Smitty's beret. It's a good idea that was offered as a way help improve the visual cohesiveness of FISD. The beret thread may be the longest single thread in FISD history.

I'm going to add that staff members are ineligible to receive them. I'll agree that former staff should be recognized, but I'd like to stop there. Being a staff member - the reward is what you give, not what you get.

Well said and I totally agree. In addition, awarding these to current staff members can create the perception of favoritism/cronyism.

Wow... Right up my alley... Used to write these things up every month as well. Spot on.

I think staff should be allowed as well. It should not be expected, like the Navy Achievement medal is expected at your end of tour...

All the above are great nominations. I think all of them deserve a medal.

I nominate Stukatrooper.

"For meritorious service as helmet and build technician with the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment, your quality building, tutorial skill and willingness to teach at a command level has risen the bar for hundreds of prospective troopers and current troopers alike. Your continued dedication to the 501st and to your Detachment brings honor to your self and is in keeping with the highest traditions of Trooper Service."

Mike A. aka TK-4510 surely deserves to be recognized for his outstanding service to this forum.

T :salute:

Fully agree :duim:

When I needed build advice with clear pictures, Mike was there. Thanks to him for putting in the time and effort to document and photograph a lid build from start to finish!!!

There are others, but to start with I'd like to highlight Mike's contributions.

It sounds like perhaps we should break it in two - service awards and achievement awards? My initial intent was for a one time act that really contributed to the detachment, but some of the ideas are more for sustained contributions on a lower level.

Either way, these are great nominations guys! :)

I think that both Peter and Mike should be amongst the first to be included on the honours list, they have both been outstanding members of the fisd with their wide knowledge and skills and their willingness to help other aspiring troopers :)

I also think that current staff members should not be eligible for this award, as being a serving member of the command staff here is a great reward in itself. And we could be accused of being bias :)

Another great idea Paul :)

Which Peter? Also, are you guys thinking that perhaps we should issue a bunch for the month of July for past achievements? Seems we could have about 10 to hand out.

Totally agree with the nominations of Mike.A - TK-4510 and Pete - Stukatrooper for all the reasons

stated already and MORE :)

I'd also like to throw another name into the mix......

Nathan aka SL-9135 aka TK-9135 aka runnriottt

Now he may have changed his user name a few times over the years but he as never changed

his commitment to helping others. His passion is there for all to see, He takes no crap, speaks

his mind and is willing to go out on a limb knowing that his actions may be unpopular with some.

Love him or hate him, you can never NOT take notice of him.

This guy is a true Warrior with an heart of gold, he'll help anyone and fight 'till his last breath

....dying breed people, dying breed

:salute:

Also, are you guys thinking that perhaps we should issue a bunch for the month of July for past achievements? Seems we could have about 10 to hand out.

That's a great idea Paul...

How about the "Inaugural 10"? Then you can go one per month...

And I'm 2nding/3rding/4thing (however many they're up to) Stomper, Nathan (9135), Smitty and Mike (4150)... :duim:

Great idea Paul!

I too think Stomper, Nathan (9135), Smitty and Mike (4150) deserve the award.

How about dedicating some time for nominations (two weeks?) with a specific thread and then putting up a poll with nominees' names for voting? (maybe two more weeks?)

Just a thought.

Great idea!

Could the medals awarded be listed or displayed below (or above) the usual listing of name, rank, and number of posts?

I don't know if your accepting names yet, but I'd nominate Smitty.

I would too, he's been a source of inspiration, and knoweldge. I would give you specifics, but there's too many to mention, just little comments, positive criticism, and a general love of all things TK.