glueing resin parts

I need to glue a piece of abs to a resin gun handle. I tried super glue and it did not stick???? wow didn't think that was even possible. What glues would you guys suggest? I'm thinking epoxy but not sure that's much different than super glue???

Gorilla glue or a strong 2 part epoxy are my personal favorites. Super glue has no flex to it and will fracture alot easier than a glue that dries with more elasticity such as gorilla glue.

Jim, I just ran into the same problem with my blaster. I would go with either E6000 or Plummer's Goop. Plummer's Goop worked pretty well on other parts (and I would have used it if I had any on hand), and has most of the same properties as E6000.

Ā 

This is what it looks like:

-----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

• 3 months later...

Where do you get the E6000? I've looked all over and haven't ever seen it. I'm prolly just gonna use epoxy but it'd be nice to know where to get that stuff for future reference.

You can get it at Michaels, Jo Ann's, and now even Wal-mart in the craft area, not the glue and caulk row.

Ā 

Ā 

AH! That's the problem, I was looking in the wrong section. :lol:

Thanks Bro! B)

Found some E6000 this weekend at Wallyworld and used some top repair the loop-part of the folding stock and I gotta say that's pretty good stuff, hard as duracrete and still flexible. Thanks for the tips Troopers. B)