What is a Heavy Weapons Trooper

Daetrin

Heavy Weapons Troopers are EU (Expanded Universe) variations of the stormtrooper costume. In essence they are a standard ANH stormtrooper with the following accessories:

1) Back pack

2) BFG (e.g. large gun)

3) paulron

4) ammo pouches

Sound similar to a sandtrooper? Yes, they do however the sandtrooper armor is not the same as a stormtrooper. Sandtrooper armor as seen in Tatooine was filmed first before production moved to England, and what we see elsewhere in the film is a refinement of that original concept.

A stormtrooper plus a pauldron is NOT a HWT. While FISD does encourage troopers to have fun with their costumes, the HTW is not a license to mix and match bits. Troopers are recommended to comply with all the requirements, or else be a standard TK.

Anytime Thayne :)

FYI there is an open to-do list for the command staff to add the following moving forward:

1) Proposed CRL

2) Supporting screen caps

3) Additional forums to support the accessories. There already is one for BFG's, but we need to ensure that info on pauldrons, pouches, and packs are easy to find.

4) Proposed HWT Elite standards

Maybe for a goof I'll pop my sandy gear on my TK and be a heavy weapons trooper lol. :P

You should totally do that Chazz. :P

Maybe for a goof I'll pop my sandy gear on my TK and be a heavy weapons trooper lol. :P

Yeah but wouldn't that end up being a 'Heavy Weapons Trooper With Sand In His Underwear? That deserves a status all its own! :lol:

There are some instances of HWT's without the backpack, but all other equipment is required. As for the helmet type, it's the standard TK helmet. The HWT occurred in EU comics(not just ANH), but they are clean, same ab and knee as the TK - different than a clean TD.

I have closed the HWT threads at the Spec Ops Det and will refer folks here to the FISD from this day forward. Thanks for giving these guys a great home, FISD!

Kev

Gundamzeppelin said:
The first battlefront had a HWT, Pretty much was a sandtrooper. But the developers where to lazy to go all the way. So really it was a TK Skin with a backpack and a chest pouch also what appears to be a bazooka instead of the MG34 ect...

---------------

As posted on the MEPD. It also appears there is no ray dome at the bottom of the tube on the pack.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Now this is interesting.

Things I see as a few question points... EU is always open for those that want to debate... LOL.

1. Should the back pack be accurate such as on the MEPD?

This would make good to me, as for most of the parts are super easy to get.

2. What color pauldron? Should this be limited to canon colors as well?

3. Custom parts. If someone makes a bunch of blinky flashy things will that be canon for this?

4. Type of Ammo Pouches and how many?

Now I love it. I want to shoot for it. I have an MG42 and all the parts for a pack to build up, not to mention a TM needing assembled.

I am itching to "get er done".... :D

Now this is interesting.

Things I see as a few question points... EU is always open for those that want to debate... LOL.

1. Should the back pack be accurate such as on the MEPD?

This would make good to me, as for most of the parts are super easy to get.

2. What color pauldron? Should this be limited to canon colors as well?

3. Custom parts. If someone makes a bunch of blinky flashy things will that be canon for this?

4. Type of Ammo Pouches and how many?

Now I love it. I want to shoot for it. I have an MG42 and all the parts for a pack to build up, not to mention a TM needing assembled.

I am itching to "get er done".... :D

These are great questions! I'd like to answer them based on the visual references provided, and in the context of the current standards for sandtroopers as well.

For instance it's silly to have our pack requirement higher than that of MEPD.

The MEPD actually allow different pack standards. Ive seen ubber accurate and Ive seen adaptations, both look great for as long as you keep certain details to make it look like a field backpack.

I´m doing a HWT.

have the pack, the pauldron, the pouches and the MG-34/E-11 combo

upgraded bucket to a MRCE and will probably weather the whole armor a bit (less is more technique).

Now one queston about the weaponry.

HWT should be experts in anything bigger that a carbine and minor to the deathstar cannon, but besides the bazooka in the game and the E-Web Cannon.... is there ANY other weapons accepted? rotary canons?... mortars?

Pack: we'll use the same standards as MEPD, else it will be too confusing for troopers. As we review the screen caps, this may be tweaked.

Pauldron: yes, this is limited to canon colors only.

Custom parts. If someone makes a bunch of blinky flashy things will that be canon for this? No, not unless this is seen in the game.

Type of Ammo Pouches and how many? I'll have to check the screen caps. I'm guessing same as the sandtroopers.

Weapons: again we'll probably limit it to canon sources. What people want to do on top of that is up to them.

NOTE: this is all a recommendation from FISD. It's the LMO/Legion that sets the true 501st standards.

What does hasbro make that you're gonna make into a launcher?

I guess I'll begin with a General Greivous because that's what I happen to have lying around...........probably end up using the electronics out of it. and going from there.

I dont see the MG42 in the list...

Am I SOL again? Damn. If this isnt acceptable I really tossed almost 400 out the window.

All you need is to finish the outfit and get photos up buddy, then we'll ask Randy Martinez if he'll do a painting of you, he's an LFL artist. Maybe then it will be canon. :rolleyes:

I dont see the MG42 in the list...

Am I SOL again? Damn. If this isnt acceptable I really tossed almost 400 out the window.

Actually you're not SOL. All the CRL's are under review by Thomas (LMO). We can always include it with a justification just like we would the DLT-19 and MG-15 and see what he says.

• 1 month later...

Greetings... I go by WhiteCommando, but same as on MEPD 2 months ago, I could not reset my Password. Paul, if you would like to assist, that would be great.

Well, I need to de-weather my armor. I have an FX suit. It is modified to TD. BUT, I think I am done doing the TD scene. I need to remove some TD bits, re-add some bits, and clean up.

Luckily, I weathered it Lightly... I believe in Paul's "Less is More" opinion.

I have a 90% clean RT-Mod, and a fully weathered TE2 helmet as painted by 1536... if I sand it down, and paint it glossy, is it a usable option?

Please review my gallery and give tips on what I need to do...

------------

I know, I need to ditch the knees, and get my drop boxes back.

Reviews please...

Thanks!

John

p.s. - Paul, I can't log-in. Help. Send me an e-mail. Thanks!

Daetrin said:
These are great questions! I'd like to answer them based on the visual references provided, and in the context of the current standards for sandtroopers as well.

For instance it's silly to have our pack requirement higher than that of MEPD.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

If we go by Chazz's screen caps, we'll have a det dangling off the back. Thats going to be uncomfortable with a field pack :lol:

13496_full.jpg.87f2b28db4e04b66edb456d9ea588858.jpg

13497_full.jpg.aec8877c195206b75d0710187110975b.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

RedCommando said:

Greetings... I go by WhiteCommando, but same as on MEPD 2 months ago, I could not reset my Password. Paul, if you would like to assist, that would be great.

Well, I need to de-weather my armor. I have an FX suit. It is modified to TD. BUT, I think I am done doing the TD scene. I need to remove some TD bits, re-add some bits, and clean up.

Luckily, I weathered it Lightly... I believe in Paul's "Less is More" opinion.

I have a 90% clean RT-Mod, and a fully weathered TE2 helmet as painted by 1536... if I sand it down, and paint it glossy, is it a usable option?

Please review my gallery and give tips on what I need to do...

----------------

I know, I need to ditch the knees, and get my drop boxes back.

Reviews please...

Thanks!

John

p.s. - Paul, I can't log-in. Help. Send me an e-mail. Thanks!

hey whitecommando sorry to hear your leaving the TDs,,,just wondering if want to sell any of your TD stuff,,please pm me,thanks..

sorry guys not trying to dethread here,

cheers

dan

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed