Jump to content

1:1 Droideka, yep that what I'm building!


LaunchPad
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is just absolutely amazing man, I might have to drive over to Abilene just so I can see it with my own eyes, wish there was a way i could help lol

 

This project is so awesome, I just went blind... my eyes no longer need to take in light! It's OVER YOU WIN!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks again guys. Will post this weeks progress this evening or tomorrow. Ordered the Mold material from smooth on for the spine. After the feet are done I'll start on the skeleton for the spine. I'm just as anxious as you guys! I so dedicate this thing to all of us in the legion! Empire forever!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome Matt it looks like your really putting some time into your project and its incredible, hope to see your droideka and you in person some day. Your a talented guy. Will you be going to CV?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

So.. It’s been a few days since I said I would post. For all of you that’s been keeping an eye on this thread, some of the pics are of the same pieces but have since been reworked. I have to admit that this is extremely nerve racking. When I go to make the following part and need to make a fit and look correct, I end up reworking the part that the new one fits into. Saying that, out of all the parts that you see, each one has been made at least 3 times each. I just want it to be right, right. Any way here are pics of the spine with remade parts and completed “private parts”. Still need to repaint the shield flaps. The other pics are of the molds for the fiberglass shells for the steel legs and I’m about to make a master set of molds for the feet. The pics show from design in foam to steel skeleton to actual shell. The mold for the spine is about to be complete also. Final step will be fitting the shells over the skeleton. More updates to come. Oh yea... the legs are starting to move. No sequence yet. I can’t wait. I would like to say that I am at 40% after only one year! I will finish this if I have to starve!!!

Actual

45.jpg

 

Mine

100_0056-1.jpg

 

Actual

86.jpg

 

Mine

100_0058-1.jpg

 

Actual

foot2.jpg

 

Mine

100_0061.jpg

 

From design to mold of the main thigh...

100_0062.jpg

100_0048.jpg

 

Will post more when the fitting of the shells is complete and the actual mold and shell of the spine are done!!! Yesssss!!!!!!!!! I would like to mention that one of our members in West Texas Squad poured the molds for the leg for me. Smooth on is awesome stuff!!! Thanks Dan and thanks all for you comments and support!!!!! Mathew

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's friggin' outstanding my man! I can't believe I missed this build.

Matthew are you on the RPF? This would definitely have a place there and many eager followers.

I've pulled up a chair and I'm waiting for the next installment. :o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I had forgotten about this :6: Hey Mathew, your audience is waiting!!!!!

fun2.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please an update of your Droideka.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

So again I’m sorry for such a long time between updates. I have been busy with trying to find work, or at least making a good effort at it. This economy sucks! Which is hindering the progress of this project also. To start where I left off, the spine mold material has been purchased and the master has been finished.

100_0075.jpg

I think I have more time in the spine and upper chest than any other part.

100_0074.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention that I broke another compressor!

100_0137.jpg

Thank god for a Dewalt warranty! Except I am still waiting on the replacement assembly. I had to take it apart and send it to them as the closest repair place is in Ft. Worth, TX ( a 3 hour drive), so I am doing everything by hand for the last month. Should be fixed in a week or so. There’s nothing like air powered tools!

I am also set back on the initial design for the legs as the actuator will not fit in the shell that I made. It has to be correct on the outside first, they are going to make the legs look too wide, so I am back to the drawing board on the skeleton as I need the power of the actuators that are in the pics (let alone the money for them).

 

Next is the upper chest progress, note the metal ruler for size reference.

100_0096.jpg

100_0064.jpg

100_0146.jpg

100_0145.jpg

100_0143.jpg

 

Now the prints for the back. Note again the yard stick for size reference.

100_0110.jpg

100_0111.jpg

100_0112.jpg

Thats all for now. The next post should include a completed, very expensive, flexible spine exterior. All mold and cast material are from smooth-on. Expensive, but worth it. Oh, the mold for the feet is completed also. The empire for ever my fellow troopers!

Launchpad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting update on your Droideka. I can tell you have put a Lot of work into it, and it show!!

 

Great Work Launchpad !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...