ESB CAP Helmet

So I converted one of my CAP helmets from ANH to ESB.

My girlfriend painted the entire helmet! She did a great job.

I will be giving it to my friend Dave Pybus who plays bass in the metal band Cradle Of Filth.

Here's my progress so far:

q2WNzru.jpg

8xMCdr3.jpg

zVbtBv6.jpg

aCLuGDh.jpg

N4Uy6su.jpg

ESB next to ANH

8PueGGY.jpg

I need help with the tube stripes. I'm a little nervous about painting them on. Anyone have spare stripes to give away? :P

Cheers!

Fon, if you dont want to start things, its been a rule of thumb for a long time to just not say it to begin with.

I think I have a set of stripes. There even ESB. You know that ESB was decals right?

:D

Damn Nice helmet Bro.

Yes! Decals! mmmmm

What can I do to take them off of your hands? :)

FOR THE RECORD

I have already verified this with TE2 himself. The forehead chips were present in the TE2 molds when they were recieved by TE2. Thus the TE helmet CAP originally recasted was from the TE2 molds before the molds became the property of TE2.

When my helmets arrived in the mail and I saw the chips in the forehead I contacted TE2 immediately.

So fear not, CAP has not recasted again. And as a matter of fact, the last CAP helmet I got did not have the chips and you can see where his molds have been repaired to get rid of the forehead chips.

Hope this info helps

I think if your going the ESB route with this helmet you need to use decals for the tube stripes, all the traps and only paint the frown, vocoda and ears.

Is the base player going to wear this at gigs?

I have already verified this with TE2 himself. The forehead chips were present in the TE2 molds when they were recieved by TE2. Thus the TE helmet CAP originally recasted was from the TE2 molds before the molds became the property of TE2.

Yes the mould damage was there, you are correct! The mould damage was sustained when it was in Gino's possesion - or when it was sent back to Matt. However as far as I'm aware no more bumpy helmets were made from this mould after the fact, that is until it was purchased by TE2. I have never once seen a TE with this feature... I could be wrong I supose. To be fair I shall ask Matt next time I get the chance.

Cheers

I think if your going the ESB route with this helmet you need to use decals for the tube stripes, all the traps and only paint the frown, vocoda and ears.

Is the base player going to wear this at gigs?

I know that ESB has actual decals, but I thought it would be different to paint them on myself. :)

I'm not too sure if he's going to wear it at shows. :P

The bass player aswell as everyone in the band are HUGE star wars fans!

Here is Dave:

Dave_test_small.jpg

He was even featured on StarWars.com!

STARWARS.COM

Sorry for the off topic but i have a bumpy b+c TE and the forehead has the mold damage but it is quite faint and not as pronounced as that which you will find on the TE2 nowadays.

What most people don't seem to know is that back/cap mold was damaged in a lot more places than just the forehead area. Huge areas were damaged and had to be 'restored' (either by Matt or Tony) just for them to be able to make new pulls.

The problem is even in trying to fill in the damaged areas (which are significant), is is impossible to replicate the surface texture that was once there. Any attempt to match those areas up to a real helmet will highlight those differences. For me, that hugely ruins the authenticity of the piece.

Had I not created and kept a mold duplicate of it BEFORE the damage occurred, a piece of history would have been lost to fandom because there is no other unaltered/unmodified version of this mold anywhere.

Had I not created and kept a mold duplicate of it BEFORE the damage occurred, a piece of history would have been lost to fandom because there is no other unaltered/unmodified version of this mold anywhere.

This is where I am lost. Why? Does not the story go you Borrow the mold from TE? Why cast it?

For me this is where the story gets thin. I could go look up the countless threads on the subject, answer that question myself but I am not in the mood really. It is what it is, but come on, how many copies are there? We all believe what we will. :rolleyes:

At the end of the day a Lid from Gino and TE and TE2 are great. We all love them. I enjoy my collection I have built here. 4 TK lids to me span the history of the fanmades right here at the house. Minus the Gino, I have now seen the whole TE line.

Gino, you have an awesome Storm Trooper display. One of the best ever.

Ryan, you have a great looking Trooping lid. Plunk that thing on your noggin and go make some kids happy.

Rock on.

I am soon to do a Vid on the current CAP and the TE2.

They look nothing alike.

Can't wait to see your video Nathan.