TK-7515 requesting ANH elite status.[53][FX]

Billy,

I have just looked through the base and stunt elite standard requirements and i cant find any mention of the no rivets showing on the plastic part of the belt,the only mention of no rivets showing is on the shoulder straps.If that is the case though do you have any recomendations.I thought about the small plastic screw head caps they sell in B &Q,or would they be too small.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Elite standards don't mention it. It's a nice to have, but not a requirement. Final decision comes from Scott M. the Deployment Officer, or Terrell the DL.

I think you're all sorted now. Preferably I like 1" side straps from chest to back on the bottom, but the 2" is fine and we make no mention of that either.

Unless I'm missing something I can't see Elite not being granted.

Colin

My apologies mate, it looks like I’ve been over eager with my fastidious and exacting nature.

Terrell, Scott and Paul have the final say and it looks like you have the green light once

the blaster as been modified.

Colin,I very much look forward to welcoming a fellow UKG member to the FISD Elite fold.

:salute:

Colin

My apologies mate, it looks like I’ve been over eager with my fastidious and exacting nature.

Terrell, Scott and Paul have the final say and it looks like you have the green light once

the blaster as been modified.

Colin,I very much look forward to welcoming a fellow UKG member to the FISD Elite fold.

:salute:

No worries Bill. When we have 200 Elite we can look to up the standards, but even with 50 it's still a small part of the Legion. Remember always that the goal is to bump up the quality of the existing 501st standards (which sill says an out of the box FX is fine), but not be so high / detailed that it's a real PITA to get.

Great Looking FX build! I always like to see someone make elite with FX. And you have done an outstanding job. I was several posts into this thread before I realized it was FX LoL

Justin at IND is a blaster master!

Billy,

I have just looked through the base and stunt elite standard requirements and i cant find any mention of the no rivets showing on the plastic part of the belt,the only mention of no rivets showing is on the shoulder straps.If that is the case though do you have any recomendations.I thought about the small plastic screw head caps they sell in B &Q,or would they be too small.

They are not stated, but it is a good item to have. If you want to do them, I would use a nickle (I am not sure what UK coin would be the same size), and trace them on some ABS. Cut 'em out and just glue over the rivet.

I will have to ask that those be added, simply because we have another Elite request that had two on the center, and i asked him to change those as well.

It would be hard for me to justify asking one trooper to remove the extra cover but not asking another to add them

Oh, and I believe ST has done an upgrade, but that one slipped through.

Thanks for understanding, and if you need some ABS for the caps, PM me your address and I will make some and send them to you!!!

Scott

They are not stated, but it is a good item to have. If you want to do them, I would use a nickle (I am not sure what UK coin would be the same size), and trace them on some ABS. Cut 'em out and just glue over the rivet.

I will have to ask that those be added, simply because we have another Elite request that had two on the center, and i asked him to change those as well.

It would be hard for me to justify asking one trooper to remove the extra cover but not asking another to add them

Thanks for understanding, and if you need some ABS for the caps, PM me your address and I will make some and send them to you!!!

Scott

:unsure: Colin

Sorry I opened up this 'can of worms' mate :unsure:

Scott's suggestion sounds like a nice and quick easy mod to make with little fuss or

outlay.

If you need a reference for size the T M ones are roughly the same size as a 1p coin

Beltcaps.jpg

Hope this helps mate

Scott

Scott ,

I understand,i suppose its an easy fix anyway.I couldnt find the sizes for a nickel so i took the loose change out of my pocket and offered it up against the circle that is on the square on the middle of the belt and found out that a 1p piece is roughly the same size.I did as you mentioned trace round the coin in ABS ,cut it and sanded it to smooth the circle out.I have E6000 glued the two circles into place so the could be removed easily if i need into the rivets.

here are the pics

with flash

P1010577.jpg

without flash

P1010576.jpg

hope thats ok :D

P1010576.jpg

:D Colin....you DEE MAN!!!

look at that!!, look at it....that Sir is a thing of beauty

I doff my cap to you, and bow in appreciation B)

Nicely done :salute:

cheers billy,

all is forgiven,i appreciate everyones comments .Thankfully this was a very quick fix and got me out of doing the dishes :D .I still think though billy a nice apology would be to buy me a pint after our first troop together. ;)

cheers billy,

all is forgiven,i appreciate everyones comments .Thankfully this was a very quick fix and got me out of doing the dishes :D .I still think though billy a nice apology would be to buy me a pint after our first troop together. ;)

:D I'll have a nice cold one waiting for you and Aaron, no worries :D

beer3.gif

Once again, I'm floored by the ingenuity of the people on this board.

"Don'tt have the part? No problem! I'll make my own, using pennies and a turkey baster."

It's like the A-Team.

Seriously, if we all quit messing around with plastic and put our heads together, we could build an artificial heart out of dishwasher parts or somethin'.

There's a bunch of MacGuyver's here.

We need to start a stormtrooper brain trust.

Looks sweet, Colin!

Well done Colin, the belt looks the mutts. :D

:D I'll have a nice cold one waiting for you and Aaron, no worries :D

beer3.gif

Cheers, mate! :D Mine's a water with on ice and a slice of lemon. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

right guys time for an update,blaster arrived back from itchynuts today,he has done an awesome job on it :D:D:D:D .

so here is the updated pic of the blaster .I tried to take the pic from the same angle as the first pic to show the difference.You will notice the D ring on the side of the blaster gone and a more accurate front sight fitted.

P1010811.jpg

Well, I feel I need to see it in person to be 100% sure. PM sent with my address. When I receive it, I will let you know!!! B)

Nice work trooper, Elite Status approved!!! Now, off you go to the lifts on level 5. There is a reactor leak in the detention area that needs cleaned up, and we will want extra security up there. One very important "guest" we need to take care of.

Paul, will you be so kind and update our troopers status???

Well done trooper!!!

Well, I feel I need to see it in person to be 100% sure. PM sent with my address. When I receive it, I will let you know!!! B)

Nice work trooper, Elite Status approved!!! Now, off you go to the lifts on level 5. There is a reactor leak in the detention area that needs cleaned up, and we will want extra security up there. One very important "guest" we need to take care of.

Paul, will you be so kind and update our troopers status???

Well done trooper!!!

Thankyou scott,

just rinsing out my mop and putting my apron on as we speak :lol: so heading up to level 5 ,then after that on security patrol and if it all kicks off hopefully with my new imperial issue blaster i might be able to take a couple of rebel scum out. :Laser:

PS to your knowlege scott do you know if any other elite troopers in scotland