TK-2918 requesting ANH Elite Status.[49][FX]

Finally done! Here's another Elite submission for the queue:

A few full-body photos:

dscf0288qf3.th.jpg

dscf0290qb1.th.jpg

dscf0293wb4.th.jpg

dscf0292pw9.th.jpg

dscf0279sl3.th.jpg

Need to figure out how to keep the chestplate from riding up and the shoulders from riding back. <_<

lookin good trooper, the only things i can think of are close up shots of the helmet, ab buttons, aerators, Belt, E-11, DLT-19, and lenses...this is just all I can think of off the top of my head :)

Thanks!

Per request, belt and DLT19. Belt is canvas-covered, I went with that option as it provides an unlimited number of attach points. BFG is a Hyperfirm. It's both lighter and tougher than my resin E-11. Definitely my weapon of choice. :)

dscf0301ps9.th.jpg

Anything missing?

I cant think of anything else, your kit looks top notch to me, but now we just need Scott's input and you should be all set, great job!

Looking good!

To look even better, place the shoulder bells closer to your chest plate, to cover the undersuit a bit more there, and raise you thighs a bit. Will make walking more comfy, too. :)

Just my opinion, though. ;)

Good luck! :D

Thanks Lisa!

The shoulders have an odd way of riding back on me. I'm going to have to think about how to solve that one.

If I could just get the chest to remain low, not only would it be at the perfect height, but the back and kidney pieces would just touch. Tried velcro but it doesn't hold. Anybody got any suggestions?

The problem with the thighs is the size. Hard to believe, but I can barely get into them, even with no taper at the top. With this problem, I can't imagine trying to squeeze into AP/TE2 thighs without a lot of shimming. I wasn't really thinking of my future career as a stormtrooper when I started bodybuilding all those years ago, now it's come back to haunt me. :P

Next kit will be RT-Mod, hopefully it will be more accomodating to my body type.

Thanks Lisa!

The shoulders have an odd way of riding back on me. I'm going to have to think about how to solve that one.

The problem with the thighs is the size. Hard to believe, but I can barely get into them, even with no taper at the top. I wasn't really thinking of my future career as a stormtrooper when I started bodybuilding all those years ago, now it's come back to haunt me. :P

Next kit will be RT-Mod, hopefully it will be more accomodating to my body type.

I know what you mean! Being a girl I had the same problem, my hips aren't built for trooping! It hurts, but it's worth it. :lol:

I had that problem with my shoulders, and I just mounted them a bit closer to my chest, with a shorter strap so that they just couldn't move that far. Looks much better now. You should have seen me one event, the guys thought my shoulder had popped off completely. :lol:

I guess this wont affect your elite status anyway. :)

Thanks Lisa!

If I could just get the chest to remain low, not only would it be at the perfect height, but the back and kidney pieces would just touch. Tried velcro but it doesn't hold. Anybody got any suggestions?

The problem with the thighs is the size. Hard to believe, but I can barely get into them, even with no taper at the top. With this problem, I can't imagine trying to squeeze into AP/TE2 thighs without a lot of shimming. I wasn't really thinking of my future career as a stormtrooper when I started bodybuilding all those years ago, now it's come back to haunt me. :P

Brian looking good mate :)

Have you tried fixing straps to the inside of the abb / chest and kidney / back like this

it might help to keep it in place better;-

cheststraps1.jpg

I have it on mine and it works perfect, worth a try mate :)

Hey even when the FISD is running at it's slowest we're faster than any other detachment and most most garrisons at approvals.

I agree if there is a way to raise the thighs it would help, but I also need to get off my duff and write a new how to shim tutorial that I have all the pictures for.

Brian,

Very nice job. The FX is a hard kit to mod for Elite Status (trust me, I know).

Elite Status granted, on two conditions (well, really more like suggestions, but you get the idea).

1) Use the Elastic idea for the chest. Glue to the ab plate, and then use velcro to attach inside the chest. This will keep it from riding up.

2) Take your shoulder bell straps and move them forward about an inch. Not sure how you attached them, but that will go a long want in keeping them forward. I would also consider doing an elastic strap around the bicep to attach inside the shoulder bell.

Paul will make the update to your profile.

Now please report to the Tie Hanger on Level 3 for marching practice.

Well done trooper!!!

Yeahh!!!

Thanks to all! I'll definitely be using Billy's strapping setup, that looks like it'll both keep my chest plate in place, and bring it down enough (and with it my back plate up enough) to eliminate the overlap between the back and kidney plates without coming so far down as it covers my buttons. Two problems, one solution, SCORE!

I'll also make the adjustments to the shoulder bell positioning so they don't slide back so much. My next troop may not be until late February, so I'll have plenty of time to make adjustments and improvements.

Elastic strap around the biceps, already done. They're impossible to see in the photos but I've got them, just above the biceps. I need to wear the biceps a bit higher so they're visible.

Level 3 TIE hangar, on my way! :salute:

Congrats on your elite status! :D

Brian looking good mate :)

Have you tried fixing straps to the inside of the abb / chest and kidney / back like this

it might help to keep it in place better;-

cheststraps1.jpg

I have it on mine and it works perfect, worth a try mate :)

Nice, I'll try that too. :D

Congrats elite partner - I just hope we won't have to troop side by side anytime soon, else I'd get the "aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper" line WAAAY too often ;)

Cheers!

Dan