Cheap TK Boots

I also suggest taking the Caboot's (if you can/have spare cash) to a shoe maker and have a Vibram sole added to them. I had a "working" plan going even before I got them in the mail, so as soon as I got them I dropped them off to have the new sole added. The guy who did them said that the big cost is the "first time" sole work done. As they wear in the heel ect, to have the sole heplaced will be a lot less. Also for the shorter Trooper's out there(like me) with the Vibram sole added and some shoe insert's added(like Dr Shole's) you get a bit of a boost in hight without looking silly! :P

Very well then troopers, I am with ya'. I am getting the CaBoots also. Right now I have some boots made into ankle-highs, which resemble army boots with elastic on the sides. They are fine for my "Dirty Trooper TK" which I have deemed as having been in the fight at Kashyyyk, but will never do for the TK I want to present for Elite status. I will post as to the smell etc when they arrive... :trooper::salute:

I went to Caboots and it directed me to pimpinshoes.com

They didn’t have any in my size

However they did have all kinds of pimp shoes in my size :lol:

I hope you ordered some of those 'Bad Boys' :D

Pimp-02.jpg

:D

I just opted for Shires Woodstock Jodhpurs in black that I'll be dyeing. After shipping from the UK and the cost of dye, they will probably be about the same cost as CABoots when all is said and done, but be more accurate and comfortable and smell less. ;)

I just opted for Shires Woodstock Jodhpurs in black that I'll be dyeing. After shipping from the UK and the cost of dye, they will probably be about the same cost as CABoots when all is said and done, but be more accurate and comfortable and smell less. ;)

Yup, that was my approach too.

Yup, that was my approach too.

Thanks fellas :)

I saw a pile of jodhpurs for really good prices on that bay store.

I am going to check some equestrian shops here just to see if they have something like what I want then go to the bay :P

I'd say just pay close attention to the exact make and model of boot -- in terms of stitching, etc. "Jodhpur" boots can mean a pretty broad range, including some that zip, some with very rounded toes that don't look right for a TK, leather pleats where the elastic goes, etc. The Shires Woodstocks look really nice and are among the more economical versions.

Thanks fellas :)

I saw a pile of jodhpurs for really good prices on that bay store.

I am going to check some equestrian shops here just to see if they have something like what I want then go to the bay :P

No idea. I actually got mine off a UK auction site:

-------

because the shipping was going to be about 10 pounds cheaper....

-C

TK-1287 said:
Any idea how long shipping takes for barnstompers?? I ordered my boots about a month ago and still no arrival, I think I'll e-mail them at the end of the week if they don't show up.
Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Any idea how long shipping takes for barnstompers?? I ordered my boots about a month ago and still no arrival, I think I'll e-mail them at the end of the week if they don't show up.

IIRC I got mine in w/in two weeks of placing my order. No muss, no fuss.

You could try TK Maxx for Chelsea boots. I saw some in black for £25 and they had very soft leather. Unfortunatly i had already got hold of some boots from elsewhere which were not quite as good quality. I painted them with shoe paint from C&H fabric (UK), took many layers and lots of patience.

post-4838-1234498512_thumb.jpg

post-4838-1234498697_thumb.jpg

I have some chelsea boots from the bay and have bought Angelus leather paint and patent shine. I did some research on some sneaker painting forums and this was the recommended paint for leather. Ill post when I get them done. Angelus is not supposed to flake, scuff or rub off and they were all banging on about how good it was in the forums. I got mine from fat budha in the uk

garreth

I had no problems getting my Chelsea boots . Just went to my local horsey/ riding shop , and they had heaps to choose from . Paid $49 AU , and $5 for shoe dye . Painted them that night . Comfortable TK boots in a day . CAboots have got nothing on these little beauties :)

I just got my Caboots and they are absolutely great! I have no regrets. They do have a little smell to them, but that is nothing to be concerned about. If there are those with foot odor, then I would suggest odor eaters and powder no matter what boot you get. But as for me, these will do nicely. No muss, no fuss and got here in two days! :trooper::salute:

So would you guys take the CAboots over the vietnamese orphans boots on ebay?

• 5 months later...
I have some chelsea boots from the bay and have bought Angelus leather paint and patent shine. I did some research on some sneaker painting forums and this was the recommended paint for leather. Ill post when I get them done. Angelus is not supposed to flake, scuff or rub off and they were all banging on about how good it was in the forums. I got mine from fat budha in the uk

garreth

Sorry, to bring up an old post.... any review on how the Angelus paint worked? durability?

Thanks,

Derek