Questions about my TK for Elite

Hey all,

Working on what I need to do for elite status and would value some feedback.

Here is a side, a front and a back picture. Since this time I have fixed and shortened the shims to have a better curve (so they don't stick out awkwardly at the sides), riveted the ABS belt to the canvas belt and made the torso sit higher on my body. Other than that these pics are fairly accurate (what I submitted for my 501st a few weeks back hence the red background albeit sloppily dressed).

right.jpg

front.jpg

back.jpg

What I know I need to do.

* Fix the MRCE Chin/get an AP Bucket. Already done the teeth but maybe not enough?

* Split the rear torso.

I am not sure why, but the split in my rear torso is right in the middle of where the canvas belt sits. Is there any issue to cutting it about an inch under the line for cutting so it lines up with under my belt as it is meant to??

Also is this blaster OK for Elite?

TKBlaster.jpg

Can anyone think of anything else that needs work on this kit to get to elite other than the above? Anyone see anything I can make better or need to do? Opinions welcome!

Right off the bat I would say you are very close. Obviously i would need to see the lenses.

Also, I would remove the silver strips on your TD. It is not required, but I believe it will be soon.

I also will need a couple more shots of the blaster, as well as shots to see that there is no side gap.

As for the split in the kidney/butt plate, not using the line as a guide will actually be a good thing. Make it below the actual "seam" so it will show below the belt, per Elite standards, and you will save yourself a ton of work.

All in all a great start.

I think we just need to see the butt plate split better, but I've not had coffee yet. I'd suggest trying to cinch the side gaps a little closer. The shim job looks excellent IMHO and much better than adding a slab of plastic in between.

Some day I'd suggest getting some RT thighs as they'll better fit a guy your size, but this won't affect Elite.

Now, let's see what Scott says!

I haven't done the butt plate split yet... :)

I might redo the shims and make them slightly bigger as I took too much off when I trimmed and now I have the technique down.

I think we just need to see the butt plate split better, but I've not had coffee yet. I'd suggest trying to cinch the side gaps a little closer. The shim job looks excellent IMHO and much better than adding a slab of plastic in between.

Some day I'd suggest getting some RT thighs as they'll better fit a guy your size, but this won't affect Elite.

Now, let's see what Scott says!

About the only thing I can add is taper down the thighs. Basically you cut a wedge removing a couple inches off the bottom and none at the top, especially for the left as it's much bigger at the bottom than the right. It really helps pull the whole costume together.

Sorry for being a noob. :blush: but what are RT thighs?

One of the armour makers lauded on this board goes by the term "RT-MOD". He's a tallish bloke, who made his own armour to fit his frame, so it's well-suited to people over the 5'10" ideal of the more authentically-sized armours out there -- and more film-accurate in detailing than FX, the other "big" armour out there.

--Jonah

One of the armour makers lauded on this board goes by the term "RT-MOD". He's a tallish bloke, who made his own armour to fit his frame, so it's well-suited to people over the 5'10" ideal of the more authentically-sized armours out there -- and more film-accurate in detailing than FX, the other "big" armour out there.

--Jonah

Oh, cool. Thanks fot the info.

Cheers