Minimum Number of Stripes for AP Helmet

mgraeme

Hi all, I'm currently building my AP bucket and although there have been a few things I would do differently on a 2nd attempt, overall its going OK.

I have a question about the tube stripes that come with the kit . . .

With the positioning of my ears and the tilt of my face plate (i.e. the way my particular bucket is constructed), I can only get 11 stripes on the jawline. I could possibly get part of a 12th if I unscrewed my ears but I don't really want to do that.

My questions are:

1. Is there a minimum number I need to get on ? Is 11 sufficient ? I've been loooking at various pics and sometimes I see 12 or 13 and I have even seen a thread here about 16 ! Aye carumba !

2. If I just go for 11, will the other TKs snigger at me and call out, "Hey 11 striper, go get us some coffees while us real stormtroopers guard the Death Star!" :P

OK, question 2 is just for a laugh but if I can get some advice, that'd be appreciated.

Thanks.

this question has been recently asked on the UKG forums - and the answer is anywhere from 0-16!

think wots more impt in the colour, spacing and position on the tubes its placed.

TK4510 really confused me when I got a set of decals for my MRCE and had 16 on em, and there was no way I could fit 16 on mine! was really paniced for a day or 2 till I got the answer.

my MRCE had 13 atm. 11 should be fine.

Nate

rapstertee said:
Yup - 11 each side for me too, looks about right. Go for it without fear of derision!

....except from all of us twelve-thirteeners that is.... <_<

booo!..hisss!,...get to the back of the line....what happened?, the others fall off did they?.

:P

----------

:D

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp139/Billhag/12-13s.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

That's it boys!.....Say it LOUD, and say it proud........

They're white, they're mean, they are the TWELVE-THIRTEENS

Lerrh, Lerrrh, Lerrrrrrh

Lerrh, Lerrrh, Lerrrrrrh

12-13s.jpg.0a69c39b8268e0dd93baa8d19c2c3d12.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

I have 15 on my current helmet. Keep in mind Scott M's 16 decal strip is only a little longer than the 13 strip. So you can fit 15 any place you can fit 12-13 because the stripes are narrower.

I have 15 on my current helmet. Keep in mind Scott M's 16 decal strip is only a little longer than the 13 strip. So you can fit 15 any place you can fit 12-13 because the stripes are narrower.

Are you still rocking the AP or did you get another lid Terrell?

Billhag said:
That's it boys!.....Say it LOUD, and say it proud........

They're white, they're mean, they are the TWELVE-THIRTEENS

Lerrh, Lerrrh, Lerrrrrrh

Lerrh, Lerrrh, Lerrrrrrh

12-13s.jpg

:lol:

I think I'm joining that club. ;)

12-13s.jpg

My FX armor and AP helmet are on the hands of a 501st trooper in training. I upgraded (but that is for another thread).

Nice! I can't wait to see your thread.

SuperTrooper said:

....in my opinion, 14, 15 and 16 is just plain showing off :P

Anything over 12-13 and it starts to look like the 'kill count' on the side of a P-51 Mustang :D

Keep 'em chunky, keep 'em 12-13's

:D

gUbtOwc.jpg

Billhag said:

:lol: The only way I am gonna get to join that club is if I stick a couple of stripes on the other side of my ear pieces :lol:

Seriously though, many thanks for the input from this soon-to-be-11 striper.