Publicity Blaster - Nambu Type 99 LMG

gmrhodes13

Publicity shot taken in the UK late 1977 / early 1978 for the UK release of A New Hope 

poster_enhanced02(1).thumb.jpg.f653335a0ae5a52288ad589291507061.jpg

Thank you to @Billhag for sharing UKG references

THDKMqD.thumb.jpg.1a087eea5e1c77409dce9a2866fdfaab.jpg

XKfTAMk.jpg.6567fad56423127027ed42dfbe5d5b5e.jpg

1920px-Japanese_7.7-mm_Nambu_Type_99_Lig

• Like 4

Now all we need is someone to design an accurate 3D model!  Being an OT TK blaster, I'm getting that itch to build one already.  :D

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Now all we need is someone to design an accurate 3D model!  Being an OT TK blaster, I'm getting that itch to build one already.  :D

You know I did go looking but unfortunately all I found was 3D renders not suitable for printing, but by all means if there's someone out there clever enough and willing to give it a go I'd be happy to print one :)

Well this is a cool Christmas gift! I'll also be itching to print one. :Stormtrooper_walk_south:

-edit-

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/military/gun/nambu-type-99-lmg

I wonder if the creator of this file could be convinced to upgrade it a bit for print quality? hmmm.

• Like 1

I already reached out to a couple of the designers (that's one of them) but there's a big difference of 3D rendering images compared with 3D printing and he's not interested in trying to convert :( 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to convert some of the 3D image files to 3D STL format, unfortunately you loose details as the rendered areas are merged with the model, grips, stock and so on, plus anything round area becomes segmented. Some models have just too many inconsistencies but I did run across the one below.

I'm not smart enough to modify the file but if anyone comes across this thread and does have more brain cells than I by all means give it a go, there are so many references available online.

Nambutype99.png.858a8184cfd56e4a35deab4df620d5a9.png

Nambu_type99.stl