Hello there from Seattle!

LordUzkost66

Hello, 

My name is Kira (She/Her). I just moved to the Seattle area. So technically I already have a costume (snowtrooper and its not approved atm, I also cant figure out the snowtrooper website so idk if or how to get that approved or interact with people there). But that aside, even though I literally already have a costume I already want another one lol. Im considering the classic stormtrooper and a few others. I just wanted to make this post to say hello! And also get into contact with the Titan Garrison members here.

Kind Regards,

Kira

• Like 1

Hello Kira and welcome to the forum! :rolleyes: Hahah it is very common once you start, you want everything! We are here for you if you want to chat/get to know people or whenever you need help in your build/find a great vendor to purchase a commissioned kit from! Do you have anything in particular in mind regarding a trooper from the Original Trilogy? A New Hope or something else that you're interested in at the moment? :dancing-trooper:

41 minutes ago, LordUzkost66 said:

Hello, 

My name is Kira (She/Her). I just moved to the Seattle area. So technically I already have a costume (snowtrooper and its not approved atm, I also cant figure out the snowtrooper website so idk if or how to get that approved or interact with people there). But that aside, even though I literally already have a costume I already want another one lol. Im considering the classic stormtrooper and a few others. I just wanted to make this post to say hello! And also get into contact with the Titan Garrison members here.

Kind Regards,

Kira

Hi and welcome aboard, costume approval is done through your local garrison, reach out to your GML (garrison membership liaison) you also need to fill out an online legion application found here https://www.501st.com/members/join_form.php

Each costume has a CRL (costume reference library) with minimum requirements for costume approval, you can find a list of costume CRL's here https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL

Looking forward to seeing a build from you soon, good luck

Hello @LordUzkost66 Kira! 

I call Seattle home!  I miss it.  I am in Kansas City now after a stint in Brooklyn, NY and Atlanta.  @gmrhodes13 and @Nairy are the right folks to be talking too!  They have been helping me build my first costume.  It's been two steps forward, 1.5 steps back. 

I recently purchased TK AM armor from Dave's Darkside Depot.   From my understanding it is the most complete armor you can get.  That said, you still have to spend a lot of time trimming and fitting.  There is a ton of information here.  And the team does a great job managing all the information.  Even with that, it can be overwhelming.  Happy to chat about the build experience if you decide to go that route.  

• Like 2

I myself went with a commissioned build from RS Prop Masters, where the process is that you purchase the TK version that you want, and then send in your measurements and they put it together for you! It took over 14 weeks for me to get my kit! I live in an apartment without a workshop so that is why I went the commissioned route!

You have many vendors that produce armors that look very very good! What ever you do, check the vetted vendors list, and check back with us before you do your purchase in case it is one with a bad reputation!

Welcome to the forums, Kira!  You are in the right place for all things TK related, and you have been given some great advice by the previous posters.  As mentioned, you first have to decide which one you want to be, as we have 20 to choose from (link here for details).  Another thing to consider is who you purchase from.  We have a list here of our "vetted" (tried and true) sellers, and a few of them do commission builds.  Steer clear of sellers on ebay or the like, as the vast majority are inferior and not 501st approvable.  When in doubt, ask us!

Once you have chosen your character, we can assist with everything else.  Always, always feel free to ask as many questions as you like.  We are here to help every step of the way (it's what we do best)!

Welcome Kira! Seattle-born myself, though haven’t spend a lot of time there over the years. Looks like other troopers have you set with some pretty good resources, and I think the two that Joseph recently posted will be an excellent place to start.

Once you’ve decided on your specific trooper character/type, and selected an armor vendor, check out this thread for a laundry list of resources for assembly. =)

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49412-all-in-one-tk-anh-stunt-index-of-resources-by-maskedvengeance/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Hey Kira - I'm in Garrison Titan too and Seattle based.  Do get on the Garrison Boards or Discord - they are a helpful bunch. Your first contact should be the GMLs who can help you with all the resources in getting approved, as they are the ones doing approval.

As others have pointed out, do quite a bit of research. I also suggest attending a few troops first and seeing the various makes in person before ordering.