Stormtrooper Armor for Short Guy

Welcome, Josh!  Most (if not all) of the kits sold by our vetted armorers (link here) can be cut down to fit danged near any size.  Even the ones designed for larger troopers can be made to fit perfectly.  I am 5" 11 150 lbs. and I use AM armor which is one of those made for larger troopers.  Here is a link to see set of WTF armor on someone who is 6" /150 lbs.

We are here to help every step of the way, so never be shy about asking questions! 

I'm really skinny as well (177cm/51kg|5'10/113lbs), but with some resizing and padding I've been able to make it not only work, but even look proportional. Once you start building, just open a build thread and we'll be here to help. And some others have already posted some build threads that can help you achieve the correct height for your armor. You got this!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Morgi said:

I'm really skinny as well (177cm/51kg|5'10/113lbs), but with some resizing and padding I've been able to make it not only work, but even look proportional. Once you start building, just open a build thread and we'll be here to help. And some others have already posted some build threads that can help you achieve the correct height for your armor. You got this!

Maybe adding some links to your EI/Centurion & build threads / photos may help illustrate that point ;-)

• Like 1

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Daetrin:

Maybe adding some links to your EI/Centurion & build threads / photos may help illustrate that point ;-)

I fear they might not be as helpful as I'd hope, since I never really went in-depth on these issues, but perhaps some of what I did mention might still help others.

Build Thread 

EIB Application

Centurion Application

What might be of interest to other skinny people are the areas where I didn't resize, but instead worked with padding, return edges, and strapping to make it look like I fit the armor. In fact most of my measurements were based on the original measurements for the TK.

aBGaXkS.jpg

I feel like this picture demonstrates the space underneath my shoulder bells and in my bicep/forearm/torso armor pretty well (where I lift my arm) -- whilst also showing how it looks proportional to everyone else.

Hi! I'm 5'6" and slim build. AP Armour is what I ordered. I went with them building it for me and supplied them with my measurements. They did a great job, and were super helpful once I got the armour (had to trim the thigh pieces to fit a bit better). Would recommend AP armour if you're on the smaller size.received_781964390258597.thumb.jpeg.2e5bac62e17a97a4777abe69eb0b3d41.jpeg

• Like 1