New TK from Luxembourg

Hello, 

I’m Alex from Luxembourg and I’m 33 years old. I’m a huge fan of Star Wars since a long time. 

I discovered the 501 last year and i quickly started to work on an armor to get access. So I recently finished and validated my first armor of Captain Rex phase 2 (all 3D print).

https://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=35917&costumeID=482

Currently I work in parallel on the armor of Hunter season 1 bad batch in 3D printing.

The stormtrooper has always occupied my thoughts and by discussing/seeing the club members I decided to order one. I listened to their advice and ordered on RS prop master ANH Stunt (diy kit + finished helmet).

I’m really looking forward to starting work and I’m sure I’ll find a lot of information and help on the forum.

thanks! 

• Like 4

Welcome to FISD Alex!

Looks like you made a great purchase, RS is very nice armour indeed and i am sure you will not be disappointed.

When your BBB ( Big brown box) arrives, pleas don't forget to make a build thread, ask plenty of questions and of course we love photos.

Looking forward to your build :popcorn:

• Like 2

I'm really looking forward to receiving the BBB and being able to start working on it. 
Yes I was planning to do a build thread and I will put some pictures.
Thanks for your feedback ;) 

• Like 3

Welcome to the FISD Alex! :peace::dancing-trooper: A great tip whilst waiting for the BBB is to look at EIB and Centurion applications so that you can have this into consideration when building your armor! The high standards are so much easier to achieve when building with them in mind rather than having it as an afterthought! Regardless if you want EIB and Centurion or not, it will really help your armor look truly amazing!

Looking forward to your build thread! :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nairy said:

Welcome to the FISD Alex! :peace::dancing-trooper: A great tip whilst waiting for the BBB is to look at EIB and Centurion applications so that you can have this into consideration when building your armor! The high standards are so much easier to achieve when building with them in mind rather than having it as an afterthought! Regardless if you want EIB and Centurion or not, it will really help your armor look truly amazing!

Looking forward to your build thread! :smiley-sw013:

Thanks! The BBB has not yet been sent :(

I looked for Centurion and EIB and it seems interesting. What is the difference between the two?
If I want to achieve this validation, can you direct me to what I have to buy/do?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Darkalex said:

I looked for Centurion and EIB and it seems interesting. What is the difference between the two?
If I want to achieve this validation, can you direct me to what I have to buy/do?

You have to apply for EIB and be approved before you can apply for Centurion, it's all about the details for each level.

CRL EIB blue and Centurion Red

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

• Like 1

To also further clarify the EIB and Centurion, you assemble your armour to Centurion level from the outset if you intend to apply for centurion.

You simply need to apply for EI first, so the deployment team can assist you in making any adjustments or fine tuning before you then apply for centurion.

The aim of this is indeed to get you looking as good as you possibly can for that final approval to Centurion.

Hope that makes sense for you, but we are all here for you every step of the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Late to the party here, Alex. We’re all looking forward to seeing your obligatory (haha) BBB photos, and following along with your build! I’ve compiled a relatively exhaustive (and perhaps exhausting lol) list of resources linked to in my signature. Obviously you already have build experience, but perhaps it could be helpful to you on your TK journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And when you have your build thread you will get help from us the whole way through the build, as long as you post your questions :salute: Do you have an update on your BBB day? :D