Greetings from Southern Alberta Canada

Zipur

Hi, I hail from Southern Alberta in Canada which is part of the 501 Badlands Garrison. 

I share the love for Star Wars and just started my first ANH TK self build.  I am printing the parts myself and doing the assembly, painting, finishing, etc 

I am looking forward to the journey from the start to the finished project 

Tom

• Like 1

Hello there Tom, and welcome to FISD! You’re in the right place for all things stormtrooper related, and I’m sure many of us will be excited to follow along on your journey! And wow, and 3D print build! Are you using Chris’ files? I’m not sure if anybody has yet been 501st approved for an ANH TK in printed armor, but Chris did recently get approved in armor that he molded from his 3D print designs (at least that’s what I understood). The biggest challenge is the asymmetry and inconsistency of the forms of OT armor, which is why most OT troopers have vac-formed armor. Regardless, I’m sure many of us would like to watch your progress!

No, I am not using Chris’ files.  Where would I find them?  

I have been looking at different models on NikkoIndustries, Do3d, Cults3d, etc at that are close to the ANH TK.  

Using Do3d’s model at the moment but I will need to make some modifications after looking at the CRL but hey, it is a fun learning experience.   

Hello and welcome sboard looking forward to seeing the progress

Thank you for the link.  I had picked up the DO3D files before looking at joining the 501st and I can already pick out differences. The eyes, frown and tears are slightly different when I compare it to other ANH Stunt helmets in the forums.  I will finish it for the fun of it and practice though. 

I looked at the other sites I mentioned above along with Thingiverse but I felt that the helmet and other parts of the armor would not meet the CRL due to inconsistencies. 

I will make Chris’ helmet/armor along with the one from DO3D and post pictures of both.  

• Like 1

Hey future Badlands member!  I just replied to your post on the Badlands forum.

I'm excited to have another so close to me!  There is one other TK in Swift Current and one about an hour south.  While I can't speak to the building part I can speak to the fantastic help you'll get from everyone on this forum!  Many kept me sane the last few months (and I just had to do fitting not building) so be sure to post here and I will look forward to meeting you maybe sooner than later as yours just 2 short hours away!

Bart

Welcome to the white space!!! I look forward to your process as i am in the middle of printing a Clone and would love to print a TK if i can make it work. but there are definitely things im not sure how will go over with a printed TK. especially the helmet build. but cant wait for your build thread to get going