Coach_MattLewis is requesting pre-approval review

Try the "direct link" or copy paste the image

mFB5ysa.jpeg''

Looks like it's popped apart, make sure you rough both surfaces with course sandpaper, if they are too tight you can have slightly bigger cover strips on the rear, the public won't notice them as you are usually seen from the front.

On 4/22/2023 at 12:03 PM, Coach_MattLewis said:

I have developed the addiction to these helmets.  The event I did last night was trying out the cyber craft helmet.  I really liked it.  

Hello Matthew,

Nothing wrong with collecting helmets, helmets are a lot of fun to collect. However, in your original post, you stated:

On 1/6/2023 at 1:45 PM, Coach_MattLewis said:

4.  Helmet maker: Rob from Authentic Props, Canada

Do you also have a helmet from Authentic Props that you did not wear for these photos? You have the EFX and the one from Cyber Craft, (which I had never heard of until I looked them up after seeing your post). Just trying to sort out where you are at with your bucket situation. 

Per the CRL for the ANH Stormtrooper:  https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

•  Note: The helmet is accurate in detail and proportion to official references.
  •          Many commercially available helmets or those considered disproportionate in size or shape are ineligible.

Please be aware of this component and the additional helmet requirements if you want to eventually pursue EIB and Centurion approval.

Your helmets look to be a solid single cast. Typically, TK helmets are constructed from several pieces from vaccuformed ABS molds (the face, cap, and ears). See this thread for an example of how they are constructed: 

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any particular questions about a helmet that you intend to use for your approved costume. If you are just buying commercial helmets to collect that is your prerogative, but please be mindful of the CRL Requirements when looking for a helmet to get approved with the 501st.

Edited by GoofTrooper
Typo
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Coach!

Looks like you tackled those issues that were getting in the way of your basic approval.  Great work!  I can't wait to troop with ya out there.  I think you should hear back on your application soon.

Now, on to getting you that awesome level 3 Centurion award you're after.  One of the things I am seeing that you'll need to work on for Centurion is that your belt appears to be moving or not fixed in place.  The Top of the ammo section needs to be touching the bottom of or just covering the bottom edge of the ab buttons.  The first image you posted looks pretty close.  I'll defer to one of our fantastic DOs but looks like it isn't snapped in or the belt was getting loose and saging down a little. 

qUlUQBG.jpg?1 4UBc7or.jpg?1

The other note about your belt is the ammo boxes need to be closer vertically to the ammo belt.  Be sure to align them to the ends of the plastic section of the ammo belt too when you adjust them.

Shoulder bells should have minimal space around them and they appear to be floating up into your ears.  I think it may be that your strap got over the top of the end of the bicep and was pushing them up. 

The inside of the sniper knee plate looks to be attached low.  The top edge should be aligned with the top edge of the shin.

Edited by Hesikaya
fix pics
  • Like 1

vrhFvCc.jpeg

Congratulations trooper and welcome to the ranks.

Once you have received your email from legion HQ post a link to your membership profile and request TK access here 

Instructions in first post of that thread

• Like 1