Jump to content

Crema’s INC and Plasma Thrower build


crema
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’ve been gifted a set of TK kit that has been badly assembled and painted, and I wanted to revive it by making it into an Incinerator set. 
I have gathered references from in-game model and I’ve started some modeling to make Plasma Thrower (flame thrower) printable and be able to install electronics too. I will post the progress on the model when it looks decent enough. 

Here is how the kit looked when I received it:

8gdPmL4.jpg

 

I finished trimming shins to fit me and I realized I can make it closed all around and still wearable and look proportional, which was surprising. Never been so thankful to my small feet. I am tiny for sure though, being 5’2”….

UPYBmkD.jpg

Edited by crema
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I had quite some progress but didn’t have good enough pics to post until now!

 

A whole lot of removing the rivets done by previous owner was done, reassembled, and the size was reduced a quite lot to fit my small build. 
 

yA2u8th.jpg

v0Tus6d.jpgqMt60sg.jpg

nRzVlEn.jpg

 

The thigh pieces had to be made symmetrical unlike the movie versions to match the game references. The belt still need trimming and assembly. Just a rough test fit on my duct tape mannequin!


ptONJpZ.jpg

 

Did some sanding to remove old paint that was starting to peel due to the age, etc.

Then I added plastic primer and filler primer to make sure it won’t end up the same as previous iteration.

 

ILtJri1.jpg

 

It’s my first time doing severe weathering like this so I tried toothpaste weathering and worked out pretty good! The color contrast is a bit strong as the white is too white but after some wash and extra weathering, it will look better. 
 

iflrPRa.jpg

iqoxKtN.jpgo5WnNkE.jpg

 

The body armor pieces were all painted and ready for weathering and red marking. So the rubber u trim was added (It was quite hard to find local vendor for the trim… So glad there was ONE online Korean vender that sells one with accurate dimensions and color). 
 

cUbUyAw.jpg

 

Finally started some final fitting and strapping. It’s starting to take shape!

 

uLFvlto.jpg

 

Now only things left are painting red markings, weathering, and to prepare myself to work on the helmet. It will be a rough journey trying to remove all the old paint and fix cracks….. I have a feeling that just getting a new kit or printing one would be way easier haha….

vXhe5ul.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking great, Jamie, and what a difference from where you started!  One thing that jumped out at me was the width of the ABS belt, which looks to be around 4 ½ to 5 inches wide.  Although the width is not specifically listed in the CRL (only the cloth belt) you may get some pushback from your GML for Basic approval.  Just trimming off the area below and above the boxes should help quite a bit

 

9NeXYWm.png?1         lV03QYV.jpg  uU7UqZr.jpg?1   YSX036e.jpg?1

 

                                                                                                         

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Looking great, Jamie, and what a difference from where you started!  One thing that jumped out at me was the width of the ABS belt, which looks to be around 4 ½ to 5 inches wide.  Although the width is not specifically listed in the CRL (only the cloth belt) you may get some pushback from your GML for Basic approval.  Just trimming off the area below and above the boxes should help quite a bit

 

9NeXYWm.png?1         lV03QYV.jpg  uU7UqZr.jpg?1   YSX036e.jpg?1

 

                                                                                                         

 

 

Oh yeah sorry I wasn’t super clear on what I was going to trim from the belt. I am still in need of assembling the belt and I was planning to get on to the belt parts as soon as I’m done with the ab and kidney pieces so I can fit them properly. Still less than 50% done and going steady…!

Thanks for the keen eyes though! It really helps as my priority goes mostly on fixing broken things from this old armor set……

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, crema said:

 

It’s my first time doing severe weathering like this so I tried toothpaste weathering and worked out pretty good! The color contrast is a bit strong as the white is too white but after some wash and extra weathering, it will look better. 
 

iflrPRa.jpg

iqoxKtN.jpgo5WnNkE.jpg
 

Great to see you are following the base weathering, same as the TKC and TFU versions, I also mimicked the base weathering in my TFU build

HVVunE4.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Great to see you are following the base weathering, same as the TKC and TFU versions, I also mimicked the base weathering in my TFU build

HVVunE4.jpg

That looks awesome! Yeah that’s what I’m trying to achieve. It’s quite tricky to make sure all the chipping lines up with the reference due to the game’s symmetry, etc. but trying hard to at least get the looks right…. A long way to go but after seeing yours, I feel more motivated to finish it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...