Greetings from the Pott - Germany

Greetings to everyone!

I'm Sven from western Germany, Located in the "Ruhrpott", 31 Years old and finally owner of a RS Propmasters ANH Stunt TK.

I finally fullfilled my wish to get hands on my own ANH Stunt Stormtrooper Armor.

After I read several threads in the german garrison forum and afterwards ordered my fully commission TK from RS Propmasters, I'm forced to use the glorious informations from here.

Reaoson for commission: not mush space for building up a complete armour (definitely a mistake, i would have made that) but my time is very limited, last year my son was born so he needs and deserves mich of my time.

My hope is to troop with the german garrison when if the Covid-19 is beaten up... Maybe next year?!

My "problem" is, that I'm very slim and tall, horribly slim to be honest: waist 85cm only and 183cm tall, could call me Slenderman!

After putting on my TK Armour I noticed that the Kidney and Abd plate are overlapping several centimeters.

I tried padding, but that would need so much of it, that it would look ridiculous.

img_20201101_112019tkjgv.jpg

Im curious if that's ok or am I 

forced to cut the kidney on both sides?

And if it has to be cut down, does this part need a return edge to get approved?

Next thing: it seems like I have very long arms.

img_20201102_0947031okg1.jpg

Does this fit properly like that or what should I adjust?

I habe to get the Biceps fixed to the shoulders cause they always slide down.

And as it seems have to renew the strapping between biceps and forearm, it's a bit too short, there would be a massive gap between my handguards and the forearm armour.

In Hope it's not to much technical questioning for this part of the forum.

Finally the first photo of me in full armour 

img_20201028_2159107hj3f.jpg

Edited by ThanathanEinar
  • Like 1

Hi Sven, welcome to the FISD and great to have you here.

You already made a good choice with RS Props and don't worry, even fully finished suits often require some adjustments from the owner.

Once that is done (and to be absolutely sure), you can request TK-Pre-Approval here, before officially submitting for basic approval with the German Garrison.

For correctly posting photos you will need an online-photo hosting service like Flickr, imgur and so on. Please have a look.

Regarding the length of your arms: I would suggest to use straps and snaps to connect the biceps to the should bells. This will help keeping them in place and also lifts your lower arms.

You are located in NRW, so once you become a member of the 501st Legion, you will be part of the White Shadows Squad. @Freduster and me are your local Attachés in this squad. Feel free send a PM as it might be easier to help you in German language. :)

Looking at your first photo in armor, I would kindly suggest to bring the helmet down as far as possible. This helps reducing the gap between shoulders and helmet and also helps with your body height. 1.83 m is pretty tall for a Stormtrooper, but nothing is impossible. Simply remove the inner foam padding from your helmet and it will look much better. :)

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, I am also very skinny and had to add some foam/padding behind the ab plate to help fill out the sides. I also have some foam inside my forearms to stop them rotating and also a little foam in my biceps to keep them straight. Another area was the thighs, I have foam on both sides. Yes you could trim down smaller but it would make the armor look out of proportion 

vor 9 Stunden schrieb gmrhodes13:

Hello and welcome aboard, I am also very skinny and had to add some foam/padding behind the ab plate to help fill out the sides. I also have some foam inside my forearms to stop them rotating and also a little foam in my biceps to keep them straight. Another area was the thighs, I have foam on both sides. Yes you could trim down smaller but it would make the armor look out of proportion 

First at all, thanks for the welcome and the fast help!

I'm some kind of introvert, so all this is a big step for me, hope the Armour will help with that when trooping haha!

Now to the padding:

I added a small amount onto the Abd and Kidney, round about 12mm.

I could try to fit a thicker foam, i frighten that the chest armour will stick out too much, next thing: all the big gabs that will appear look stupid in my opinion.

I will try this at first, maybe it works out well.

Padding in the arm and leg parts is necessary and I'm planning to do so.

But one step on another.

Firstly Abd and Kidney has to fit.

Hello from the middle of Germany - Hessen :)

Ausm Pott komme ich ursprünglich auch - aus Hagen ;)

Welcome on board - I just received my armor 5 days ago - I bought it from moviefx (German manufacture in Saarbrücken) I'm very happy with my armor.

Edited by sevenpoolz