TKModder421's Nico Henderson R1TK helmet build

5 hours ago, TerribleBen said:

Very very nice!!!!  My brother Mike is printing Nico's bucket for me as we speak. I will hope it turns out this great. Thanks for sharing your work, helps tremendously!

Thank you! Good luck on your build. Let me know if you have any questions :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/12/2022 at 3:40 AM, TKModder421 said:

Next I painted the ears because they were small and easy to get to a high enough grit (2000). 

OPK6etT.jpg

hZ9ai8M.jpg

7lAdaKz.jpg

The Blue vents on the side, how did you do them? I see no files to cover that part in the folder

43 minutes ago, DaddyMan said:

The Blue vents on the side, how did you do them? I see no files to cover that part in the folder

I believe the file is called Ventback.stl. Back when I got the files (over 3 years ago), Nico had scaled the part incorrectly. And from a recent conversation I had with someone else building this helmet, it hasn't been fixed. 
When you go to print it, scale it to 200% and duplicate and mirror the file to give you both pieces

1 minute ago, TKModder421 said:

I believe the file is called Ventback.stl. Back when I got the files (over 3 years ago), Nico had scaled the part incorrectly. And from a recent conversation I had with someone else building this helmet, it hasn't been fixed. 
When you go to print it, scale it to 200% and duplicate and mirror the file to give you both pieces

Cheers mate

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 2:21 PM, DaddyMan said:

There's actually not a file to cover the backs of the vents. It should be blue fabric underneath. Nico's files have been updated (I just bought it a few weeks ago) and there is no longer a ventback.stl file. 

On 7/5/2023 at 11:00 AM, duckwjay000 said:

There's actually not a file to cover the backs of the vents. It should be blue fabric underneath. Nico's files have been updated (I just bought it a few weeks ago) and there is no longer a ventback.stl file. 

Interesting. I've heard a few conflicting views on the backing of the vents. And it's possible the build process may have changed over the past 7 years since Rogue One.

As far as Nico updating his files, do you know if he modified any of the other files?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 4:12 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Reference on the blue material, these TK's are from the Obi-Wan series

Thanks for the photo, that's the one I was thinking of.

On 7/8/2023 at 12:01 PM, TKModder421 said:

Interesting. I've heard a few conflicting views on the backing of the vents. And it's possible the build process may have changed over the past 7 years since Rogue One.

As far as Nico updating his files, do you know if he modified any of the other files?

From what I can gather, that's a very real possibility. It seems like the construction process has evolved over time and there's not really any way to confirm. I know a lot of folks do the blue fabric for breathability if nothing else. 

As far as updated files go, I don't think much has changed. What I have looks almost identical to what's in your build thread. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duckwjay000 said:

From what I can gather, that's a very real possibility. It seems like the construction process has evolved over time and there's not really any way to confirm. I know a lot of folks do the blue fabric for breathability if nothing else. 

As far as updated files go, I don't think much has changed. What I have looks almost identical to what's in your build thread. 

Yeah, I may try and ask someone who has info about the screen used helmets in Kenobi about that backing.

If you're interested in updated files, I've actually modified Nico's files to try and get them a bit more accurate, and I'm working on a new build now

Here's my new build post:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 11:00 AM, duckwjay000 said:

So I've gotten confirmation from a reliable source, that the blue material backing the vents in the Kenobi helmets is actually a hard but somewhat flexible "blue urethane material" similar to "tupperware". So maybe injection molded? Just wanted to put that out there for anyone seeking accuracy.

Edited by TKModder421
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TKModder421 said:

So I've gotten confirmation from a reliable source, that the blue material backing the vents in the Kenobi helmets is actually a hard but somewhat flexible "blue urethane material" similar to "tupperware". So maybe injection molded? Just wanted to put that out there for anyone seeking accuracy.

Thanks for sharing the information :salute:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TerribleBen said:

Think I'll go with breathable blue material, venting purposes...helpful with my Hasbro bucket!

Yeah, you'd have to create your own anyway with a Black Series bucket, they've got a different shape.
Just wanted to get that info into the community for those aiming for accuracy 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 4:40 PM, TKModder421 said:

@duckwjay000 with this new info, if you're interested in the vent backs file I can share them with you or anyone else who doesn't have them in their Nico files

That would be great. I'm not sure which route I'd like to go, but I'd like to have the file just in case!