ATA Helmet Build/ Armor

Dubfunkstar

Here is my progress so far. Still have to fine tune the eyes and Teeth.   Was trying to find the correct Testors Grey paint. I found  Testors 1138-RM1138_0611 will that work?  Just got word from ATA that my Armor Kit is ready for shipping. 
F8DA5346-5247-45F7-9864-3DCE7B7B333C_zps

Looking great so far, Robert, and fantastic to see that you started a build thread!  Doing this will honestly help a lot, believe me.  If you are ever unsure of anything (even a little bit) always ask first before moving ahead.  This takes some extra time of course, but it will save you having to re-do anything.  It's also important to post as many photos as you can (a picture really is worth a thousand words), especially if you run into an issue.

Best of luck on your build, and I look forward to following your progress!

Hi, good luck with your project, looking forward to see photos of your BBB day! 

I think the following forum threads can give you some helpful tips for your helmet build as they were to me.

Cheers  :salute:

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The positioning of your ears is spot-on Robert!  If I may make a few suggestions on the paint they would be:

1.  The black outline and interior stripes are screen accurate and truly show that "hand painted" look, but I think you may have taken the bottom a bit too far onto the ridge that sits below the rear traps, making them taller than they should ideally be.  Not a big deal for Basic, but if when you apply for higher levels this would be an issue.

iZdkvdu.jpg       6fMCjII.jpg  

The screens on your Hovi-tips should ideally be at the front and not quite as recessed as they are now.  Easy fix!

bHkEPtP.jpg       jARpKTl.jpg?1

Keep up the fantastic work, Robert, and I look forward to seeing your progress!!  :salute:

Also looks like your side trap lines are a little too curved towards the backs

001(2).MOV&key=a9d83e52d6e1bac9b551452bfDaveMANH08.jpg

001(1).MOV&key=9308dc9b5016cf20ff29a33ef

DaveMANH02.jpg

You could also add a few more lines in the rear traps, you have 9 and screen reference has 13

iZdkvdu.jpg       6fMCjII.jpg