Bravely Casual's ANH Stunt Build

Bravely Casual

12 hours ago, Bravely Casual said:

I'm still bummed out that I messed up on the eye area though.  The eye on the left side looks more rounded compared to the other eye, which has more of a sharper looking corner....
Not too sure if that's still viable for having a "rounder" eye look.....

Hi, Some close photos would be preferable, here are a couple of reference photos so you can have an idea how the ayes looks like.

xymf6IB.jpg

PWSHPGN.jpg

Cheers :salute:

19 minutes ago, Bravely Casual said:

I feel the right eye is too rounded ....

Hi, I think you can try trimming a little more , to get the shape from the reference photos . What I would do is trim litle and compare, a little again and compare.    cheers

GAodEND.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got me a set of rare earth magnets.  Should suffice to give me a brief idea of how the helm will look when I put the face and cap together. 

361IXbY.jpg

Face - Front -1

xg4DcZP.jpg

Face - Side - 1 (Note: the Brow area still needs to be even out a bit so I am still working on some trimming.)

H3doiIL.jpg

Face - Side - 2

My only dilemma is trying to figure out if I can still wear my prescription glasses underneath the helm. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

** Another Update **

Whew took me awhile to set aside some time and install the ear pieces.  Imho, that was the more difficult ones to to fit >.>

This is what they look like now

Rap2lr8.jpg
Head - Front - 1

pqt3uDu.jpg
Head - Side - 1

Qxg7W6E.jpg
Head - Side - 2

V5myHxZ.jpg
Head - Back - 1

Ill be honest, I feel like I still need to try to fit the ear pieces properly since it shows how "ooof" they are in the back.
I'm still pondering how I can get around fitting the back ear pieces properly...

For the sizing of your ears, I'm not so sure. That's more up to you, but I'll leave it to others to advise you in any way there.

As for the placement, there are some things you can do for it to be more screen accurate. Those helmets had the ear screws aligned with the front traps, and your left ear is fairly spot on, the right one should be aligned to match though.

PicsArt_05-01-12.24.12.jpg

Edited by PhilBobTheFish
  • Like 2

Rowan is 100% correct on the ear screws aligning with the back angle of the trap.  It doesn't have to be perfect, but as he mentioned the right one needs some tweaking.  The gaps you have are fine, so don't worry about those. 

Alignment reference                                                                        Gap reference

9mYq4To.jpg?1   dEbec8i.jpg?1                  XPp3c5M.jpg?1   9cIFPI7.jpg?1

• Like 1

** Another Update **

Whew took me awhile to set aside some time and install the ear pieces.  Imho, that was the more difficult ones to to fit >.>

This is what they look like now

Rap2lr8.jpg&key=1440390d8a101e603a42df0f881fcbdf4fd64c1a07c4126a7661d25858ba69e8
Head - Front - 1

pqt3uDu.jpg&key=e92b32e915a8bf3a36940bbc3337d9e3a8e93fca3c1af9cb8ab26406431f0015
Head - Side - 1

Qxg7W6E.jpg&key=900f894cc3fc399c2c06a17db87263a5d9454d454b75c45461120ad5f21e20fa
Head - Side - 2

V5myHxZ.jpg&key=3e8a9223a1b48de339adb84adc78a4d4f0cf5f1a6af7ef4582b83d608b563198
Head - Back - 1

Ill be honest, I feel like I still need to try to fit the ear pieces properly since it shows how "ooof" they are in the back.
I'm still pondering how I can get around fitting the back ear pieces properly...

Hiya,

Yes, the main discs of the ears still look a little thick. Personally, I’d consider trimming them down. Just from the pictures, and purely as an estimation, I’d be tempted to consider reducing the thickness of the discs by at least a third. (Only an estimate by eye-balling it).

5ad465738201e72cedeef5ce47ad6238.jpg

As another trooper also mentioned, the right ear alignment could be adjusted to better match the rear line of the trap.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Jon, Greetings from a fellow "Phoenician"! I just had a chance to look through your build thread and I wanted to say good work so far! Any updates on the build? We look forward to having you join the Dune Sea Garrison!