1.5, 2mm or capped 2mm ABS?

Hi guys, I'm about to put my order in for my first kit from RWA, an ANH Stunt TK, aiming for Centurion, not sure which to go with though, what's the pros and cons of each thickness? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My preference would be 1.5.  Bit more flex than 2mm so should be a tiny bit more comfortable and crack less (less is relative btw they all crack after a while).  It will also have more detail and be easier to cut when assembling.

I find Capped too white for my taste and doesn't look right.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I’m a little late to this thread, but I found this discussion of thickness differences interesting, and may influence my decision. I’ve been planning on pulling the trigger on an ATA TK kit which is 2mm. What kind of small details may be lacking on this type of armor which would be present on a thinner kit?

I’m not terribly worried about cracks over the long run, since I won’t be attending a large number of troops, and I plan on removing most of the return edges on the way to Centurion status. Is this mindset misplaced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

I’m a little late to this thread, but I found this discussion of thickness differences interesting, and may influence my decision. I’ve been planning on pulling the trigger on an ATA TK kit which is 2mm. What kind of small details may be lacking on this type of armor which would be present on a thinner kit?

You will be more than pleased with a kit from ATA, Caleb.  Nice clean lines/details, superb quality and fantastic customer service.  Although the 2mm thickness can be slightly more difficult to work with, it will last for many, many years and is well worth it IMO.