9135 gets an Upgrade! My TE2 build thread![*TE]

Yes i does get alot better,Finishing the Kits taking a step back to admire two fantastic suits ready for trooping in.Not forgeting the show off pictures for us guys.

It gets even BETTER when you finally realize that giving is really better than receiving and you decide to ship them all to me. :)

(Of course I realize that may be years from now... but I can wait.) :D

Congrats man!

I'm excited for build pics!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't alone in the excitement department. I've had 8 suits of stormtrooper armor in the past and it NEVER gets old. It feels like Christmas morning when anything arrives on my doorstep. I will never get tired of it and the excitement will never dwindle. I am getting 3 more sets before the year is over and I can't tell you how excited I am. To this day, stormtroopers are still my favorite display in a prop room.

I'm dying to see some build pics. I'm still building mine differently each time, trying new things.

I know right!

Some day I want to get the hat trick, go for an AP. With Vader done, and the TB done, its time to push the limits with TK!

You may be the first 501st member who hits Lancer, Elite, and Deployed. And to think you already have Lancer done.

You may be the first 501st member who hits Lancer, Elite, and Deployed. And to think you already have Lancer done.

Now that would be cool...

Yep, Lancer on BSN and shooting for Elite. I am not sure if I am going TD.. I am leaning that way with the TE2. I think it would look awesome dirty.

I have taken Vader to the higest level I can do as well.. any more and I wont want to wear him out!

Thanks guys... That makes me feel pretty good... :lol:

So it begins... Dirty it is!

Ill be reworking my Marco pack and just finished hitting the buy button on an original paldron and a second set of Darkside trooper boots...

Ill be a Sargent, as thats what I am in real life...

Well I am fully trimmed on the TE2. I am putting the TM till after this build, I want to finalize one then start another. I really wanted to get teh TM lid done though.

Slowing down a little and double checking things. Measure twice cut once kinda thing...

I am rough assembling the legs. I really would like to have these come apart... I am looking into that. Velcro or Rare earth magnets might happen. If I cant though, I will glue.

IMG_3566.jpg

Left leg fits like a glove. Right fits kinda like poo... Might have to tweek it. Do they look right?

I am spying on a Scout pack frame, and I am going to recycle the Marco pack with some upgrades. I tore it down and am building a scratch pack in a way. Ordered up an original pauldron, and am soon to recieve a set of MP40 pouches from a repro retailer. I will be on the look out for a set of real ones as well...

Good save Paul.

I really like rare earth magnets. I've have very good luck with these:

http://www.magnet4less.com/product_info.ph...;products_id=56

Make sure to get at least 20 for the crazy price discount, and you'll always need more than you think. Plus if your like me you break one or two along the way. The shipping is high, but it's still the cheapest out there by a long shot.

nice one paul as SuperT said,hope you saved before the glue set.

I think a note to the makers is in order here.Some marking of parts would go along way for the troopers to help them on there way.

I know someone not so far way does this for hes customers.

HA! Thanks!

I am in the tape trooper stage... and am a total noob to canon armor... Thats why I ask before doing! Awesome!

And.... Flipped...

IMG_3567.jpg

And built and tested up the thighs...

On thing I will say... These babys dont bite. SO much better than the FX. I might be able to run a maration in these.

IMG_3568.jpg

Thanks ST for the link. I am all over that.

Thats what the boards are for... Building and questions. The FISD is a lifesaver for that.

Well the quick thinking on this is to mate the two halfs perfect. Glue in the magnets from the inside of the calf. I will then use a metal strip for the front to be kind of like a bind strip. The RE mags should hold like nobodys biz.

I need to head off to the Homestore to find flat thin steel that will work... Its still in the plan stage.

Started in on the helmet. I am not painting this armor or helmet for its weathered anyway. I like the rough look.

The Sandys though do have a shine on them under the dirt, so I am polishing up the TE2 with Novus and a Japanese polish. I am not going to go crazy, but a shine none the less. If I miss a little it will add to the worn in look.

Pics later on.

I gotta be honest here... these builds are far more involved then an FX. I knew that going in, but man. A few times I thought about a new set of FX...

(cant believe I said that)

Back to the grind, I have the parts fully trimmed. I have the Thighs glued up and have totaly scrapped the magnet idea. I am glueing this set together. The helmet is polished as far as I want to go, might not shoe in the pic, but Its far glossy than the start.

Before the polish...

IMG_3578.jpg

Middle...

IMG_3577.jpg

End...

IMG_3652.jpg

The thigh Ammo boxes are ready to go on the thigh, so they will be done tommorow. I am then starting on the calfs. The hands, bells and straps are fully done.

IMG_3654.jpg

For a guy thinking about a canon set... Make sure you have the skills in modeling and the patience to perservere. Cutting the mating peices to fit right is a bear if you havent done it before. I will take a step by step photo progression on the shin armor, that should help (or show my flubs) guys looking to upgrade.

I felt the thighs are easy, those went together pretty quick. Where I see problems for me wil be in the biceps, getting those right will take a helper that I dont have here...

I will feel great when its done, and be far better at Stormie building!

Well...

I tried my hand at painteing the traps and tears...

TRAIN WRECK! :6: I am not posting. Too embarrassing.

So this baby gets a coat of white and a do over.

Decals. I am waiting for decals.

:lol:

I'm impressed so far man... looking forward to seeing it all done and all the inbetween pics!!

Try painting again... don't do decals! Not for screen accurate!

Or here's an idea...

Get some blank white "contact paper" — you know, what people use for shelf lining etc. — Wal-Mart (or whatever it is in Japan) probably has it. Then cut out the shapes and paint on those! Then you can try 100 x until you get one you like... peal the back off and apply it to your bucket. The great things about that idea will be that 1) it will come off easily if you want it to, and 2) they'll look (and be) hand painted.

Just a thought.

Well...

I tried my hand at painteing the traps and tears...

TRAIN WRECK! :6: I am not posting. Too embarrassing.

So this baby gets a coat of white and a do over.

Decals. I am waiting for decals.

:lol:

your not on my own when it comes to painting :lol: I'm rubbish at that thing too :blush:

looking forward to the pic's when your happy with it, great thread :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Forearms, Calfs, Thighs, Biceps are all assembled. The Bells are done, as well as the chest and back. I need to fit up the Kidney and Ab plate next.

I repsinted the lid, and will be detailing it this coming weekend. I cant say my skills are where they need to be. It really takes patience to put a canon kit together. I lack that.

:mellow:

The TM is just in the box waiting on me to slow down and think things through. I dont think I will be building it anytime soon for I am still in the tweek mode for the TE2. I am fitting up the ab this weekend, and adding in the snap system, so I should be wearing it by next week. I am glad its going sandy, I have some booboos to hide. Ones I dont want to repeat on the TM.