Strap & velcro

Do you mean brands of nylon, Tina?  There are a ton of companies that make both that and elastic.  As Frank mentioned, you can get it at Michaels or even Joanne fabrics, but you can also get it on eBay.  As for Velcro, there are "knock-off" brands but Velcro makes the best.  I would try to get the Industrial Strength, which is available at Lowe's/Home Depot.

I tend to buy my snaps, elastic and Velcro online, I prefer the heavier industrial types, they are thicker and stronger and especially with the elastic it doesn't stretch as much. For snaps I used to use Birch brand but recently I've purchased from eBay in bulk and they have worked out fine. It's either purchase local if you can find any or online, unless you buy really cheap flimsy items then I'm sure you'll be fine.

5 hours ago, Paine1031 said:

Thanks for the updates. I'll check out some on Amazon and home depot 

As for rivets and other hardware, many (if not most) armorers include it, but if you are aiming for the higher levels, some makers send the correct hardware, some do not.  Once you get your kit you can compare what is sent to the photos in my Supply List thread.  If you need any replacements I sell all those items at my cost, and if you need more that one type of item I give a big discount on shipping.

• Like 1

I recommend heavy-duty or commercial grade, where available.  I got mine from a combo of JoAnns and Amazon.  The shoulder bell elastics are really the kicker- so just don't cheap out and buy an off-brand.  Otherwise, you're likely good.  Velcros with sticky back usually don't stay stuck, so you'll want to use glue (I recommend E6000) in addition to the sticky back.  Especially if you live somewhere hot, because the heat will melt the velcro glue.