Sasebo Toys for Tots

Runnriottt

The 501st here in Sasebo had to set some kinda record... We recieved in 6 hours of trooping on two days about 3000 in toys. I will post pics after i get them back, but WOW!

The Kids of the Sankai Orphanage are in for a great Christmas thanks to the warm hearts of the Sasebo Navy community here on base.

I have been told this is the best turn out in a long time thanks to the 501st involvement, and it was a great troop. 1 TK, 1 TB, 1 SL and a Jedi made the troop all from the USS Tortuga.

I will take the toys to the kids on the 24th i hope, so santa can come on the 25th.

Feels good to be a part of this, and the responce from the comunity has been awsome.

The XO of our ship has plans for us when we visit other countries, so I might be a part of a travaling Naval detachment of the 501st!

To represent our country and our group is awsome.

Just wanted to spread some cheer, and share with you all a great event.

Nathan

Proud TK-9135 :salute::dance:

We got to give out the toys today, didnt go in armor, but had a blast anyway...

Here are som eChristmas eve pics from the Visit...

IMG_1246.jpg

Santas Sleigh

IMG_1249.jpg

Kids

IMG_1250.jpg

501st raised Toys for Tots donations

IMG_1252.jpg

One happy Teacher and Trooper!

I hope to do it again next year, and we gave him the site addy for the Japanese garrison, so I hope to get a call needing troops. This has been a great experence and it made my year to see those kids happy like they were...

Have a happy Christmas everyone, god bless.