Ru4scuba

Electrobinoculars build

All,

As I compile my kit for my ANH TK conversion to HWT, I really wanted to add a set of electrobinoculars to the overall kit.  While not required for basic or anything, it was just a prop I really wanted to have.  As I started researching build threads etc I found some interesting scratch builds but wanted something more.

Then I stumbled on the 3D print files on thingverse.  I contacted a buddy who loves using his 3D printer and bam...a build thread was formed.  I’ve soaked up so much knowledge on FISD, thought I would give back a little...especially since I could not find a satisfactory build thread for these on here (at least what I was looking for).  I also didn’t like that I had to search all over to get anything adequate...one of the things I (and have to assume many) find challenging about joining the 501st is that information is largely dispersed throughout many different forums, all requiring different logins/etc.  I know the info (or at least some of it) exists on MEPD but why should I have to get yet another account to find it?  (I did eventually but I digress)...here are the files I’m using for the build (to give credit to the owner)

credit to mightyjebus:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2529458

pics of the 3D print and subsequent build to follow...

Edited by Ru4scuba

Couple more pics hot off the printer.  

Next steps (after it posts from the UK) is to use the XTC 3D coat in order to provide a uniform layer to sand/coat/paint the binocs.  More on that process when I go through it since this will be my first time doing anything with a 3D printed product.  I’m sure the majority on here are well seasoned gurus when it comes to finishing 3D printed products...I however am not in that group yet.

4D6FBC29-B378-436D-B4D3-01E935C8A884.jpeg

28AC3529-D684-4D50-9A41-15509891254F.jpeg

Pretty good resolution on those prints!

:popcorn:

Wow, this is turning out really well.  Maybe you'll some day do another one ;-)