Nearly done - best helmet fan system??

Nearly done with my TK build!  What's the best helmet fan cooling system?  Maybe a silly question, but is there a wireless system?  Would rather not have wires running up and down my neck.  I've heard of Henry's, and Troopacoola.  Recommendations?  Thanks!

The main idea behind the fans is to get a little air moving inside , mainly to keep your lenses from fogging. Your going to sweat inside your bucket, but let's try not to have it running down your lenses and making it difficult to see out of. Like its not already that way to begin.

On the flip side, you don't want to get to much air moving around your eyes and start drying them out.

All that being said, most fan systems work just fine. Although , my preference would be one that has two fans , one switch and most importantly a USB plug in for a power supply. You can get a USB rechargeable battery the size of a lipstick case and velcro it somewhere inside your bucket along with a few other short wires running around to the fans and you still have room for mics or other audio systems that you may desire.

I would fret too much over which is better, just get one from someone who is selling them on FISD. That way you know they ard made with stormtroopers in mind. 

Makes it easier when someone has done the thinking ahead of you.

Good luck with the remainder of your build and happy trooping.

Tom

Also , just to add on.

the USB batteries last much much longer then regular batteries will. 

Mine has never ran out when fully charged ahead of time. 

It's ran for up to 5 hrs pretty much continously. 

And it is all contained within your helmet,  so it doesn't become an issue at all. 

You charge it up the night before you troop then just turn it on and forget about it, it works. No replacing batteries during a troop or worse not being able to.

• Like 1

I have two squirrel (blower) fans, connected to separate battery packs and switches, they are aimed to blow air across the lens, you do feel a little on your face too. There are kits out there ukswrath has a nice one here.

I made my own system as I'm cheap ;) 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 11:41 PM, Harbinger said:

I use ukswrath’s system with an Anker USB power supply and still have quite a bit of room in my bucket, and I have a big head.

What is the wattage on your Anker power supply?  I see an 18 and a 24W on Amazon that are about the same size.

I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Lipstick-Sized-Generation-Batteries/dp/B005X1Y7I2

The only thing I don't like is that the power button is hard to reach with it mounted to the helmet, they make a 5000mAh one with the button on the side that is a bit bulkier but may be a better bet.

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have just installed Troopacoola TK sys in my new build and had a short troop at my son's birthday party. Came out of it very satisfied.

Marc / CTID / Troopacoola is an excellent guy and gave me a lot of advice on how to install the fans and the general padding of the helmet - highly recommend!

CP3vrnt.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Anyone have specs on these fans? Like voltage, air flow and actually most important to me is fan noise decibel level. I’m deaf and I’ve gone without a fan for a whole year and a parade in June cuz I need to hear my spotters and what’s going on around me. But that parade was only made bearable because the wind was blowing. 

15 minutes ago, sakanati said:

Anyone have specs on these fans? Like voltage, air flow and actually most important to me is fan noise decibel level. I’m deaf and I’ve gone without a fan for a whole year and a parade in June cuz I need to hear my spotters and what’s going on around me. But that parade was only made bearable because the wind was blowing. 

ukswrath kit info:

Kits consist of the following items:
40mmx40mmx20mm Blower fans x2 (available in black or white) or 50mmx15mm (low profile) fans (available upon request and in black only).
4AA battery pack with on/off switch x1, and/or USB harness with on/off switch x1. (power would be battery 6V, or usb 5V)
13" wiring harness between fans and battery pack.
1-1/2" rectangular black velcro with sticky back included x3.
Other options available: 48" lead cable with on/off switch, with or without secondary JST connection

Fan specs:
Noise: 25 dBA
Airfow: 20 CFM
Speed: 3800 RPM

Sale thread here.