TK-42134

Anovos Supplied Strapping Issue

Hello Troopers,

I am having a problem with the straps that are holding my arms together. Whenever I wear it, it seems it fails at the shoulder Bell, and things start sliding downwards. I have Industrial strength Velcro. I wonder if it would be better to use that. Thanks for any input you guys have. 

I used some of the supplied velcro, but I added a hit of E-6000 and snaps to it.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

I scrapped the whole Velcro strapping and glued in snaps.  It seems to hold up a lot better. The Velcro for me was very hard to work with and the glue didn’t seem to want to hold the Velcro. I’m not expert by far. So take my experience with a grain of salt. 

Giving the armor a bit of a light sanding helps with it adhere.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Quite honestly just toss the Anovos supplied and start over.  Black nylon webbing, Tandy Line 10 snaps and E6000 (and some patience) and you'll be good to go.  You can salvage your industrial strength velco, though.  With our Central California heat the sticky back will melt, plus it's just not up to our repetitive stress use.  Reinforce the sticky back with E6000 and let cure for the full 48 hours.

I use a nylon strip with Tandy snaps connections on my shoulder bell to bicep connections, and have never had an issue.  You'll likely need to replace the elastic in the bell to shoulder bridge connection with some stronger-strength stuff than what Anovos hands out.  

You can get nylon webbing at fabric stores, onlinefabricstore.com, fabric.com, etc., and Tandy snaps at tandyleather.com, and E6000 nearly everywhere.  

The Anovos-supplied velcro is garbage. Throw it away.

...and to echo what others have said - Line 24 snaps is a far better strapping solution than velcro. The ONLY places I have velcro on my kit is on the chest so I can suit up by myself, and inside the helmet to mount padding and electronics.

The downside of velcro is since it is repositionable, you may have to tweak strapping every time. With snaps, once you get it dialed in you know you're good to go.